3| Tanya Shocks Everyone

Author pov

Finally, the most awaited event had arrived.
As per the schedule, all the sports events were going to start at ten, then debate and painting competitions at two in the afternoon and after that the fashion show at five. This day was going to be hectic for Illahi  and Tanya . The events were to start at 10, but a crowd was already gathering in the college and even students from other colleges were coming in. In fact, even students who were going to join in the new session had come to explore and roam around the college.

At 9 in the morning, Tanya  and Illahi  left their apartment with full preparation. Illahi  had carried her dress and her laptop in a bag.

Tanya didn't have a lot to carry. So, she just got dressed and left for college. Both of them reached the college and went to the ground where the racing competition was going to be held. They were so early that no one was there except them. They checked the schedule of the races and according to that, the boys' 100-meter race was going to be started before the girls'.

"Man, we've come too early. The race hasn't even started yet and anyway the boy's race will be first," Tanya  said as she was sitting on the side of the ground. Illahi  and Tanya  sat and waited for everyone.

After a while, people started pouring in.
That's when they saw Reeva . Reeva  walked towards the ground in her sportswear. Her headphones were plugged into her ear while she was handling her sports kit in her hand. Seeing her, Illahi  asked, "She's not a national level player, right? Has she come to race or to advertise for a brand?"
Reeva saw them sitting and instead of going towards them, she sat on a bench close to them. Tanya  also thought that it was best to ignore her.

After some time, Jahaan  and Jordan  also arrived. Jordan  was taking Jahaan's support for walking. Tanya  and Illahi  noticed that they both were coming towards them so they rushed there.

Illahi took Jordan's bag and from the other side, gave him some support, and made him sit on the bench and Tanya  took both their bags and kept them on the bench.

"How are you now, Jordan ?" Tanya  enquired.
"Yes, I'm fine now. I'm your audience today, put on a good show!" Jordan  replied and laughed. Reeva  also came towards them, because she saw Jahaan  standing there.

She passed a fake smile and asked, " Jordan , I heard about your accident, how are you now?"

"yeah yeah! I'm fine," jordan  responded reciprocating a fake smile too.

After talking to Jordan , Reeva  turned to Jahaan , "Your race is first, isn't it? All the best!"

Jahaan was in a good mood so he spoke to Reeva  without getting irritated. After stretching for a bit, Jahaan  announced "'ll just go for a jog around the ground, it'll get me warmed up."

Tanya and reeva's eyes were fixed on Jahaan . Seeing Jahaan  coming back from his run, Tanya  hurried towards her bag and took out her bottle to give Jahaan  some water, but as soon as she turned, she saw that Reeva  was already on her way to give Jahaan  the sipper.

Reeva was handing the bottle to Jahaan  and he had held it also with one hand. Tanya  felt very jealous, she took her bottle and sat on the other side of the ground. Jahaan  had understood that Tanya  had seen him taking the bottle from Reeva  and that she was jealous of it.

Jahaan handed the bottle back to Reeva  and said, "No thanks, I'm not thirsty" saying that he also ran to the other side of the ground .

Tanya  kept walking without looking back and kept talking to herself, "Wherever I go, she has to follow and I don't understand Jahaan , sometimes he speaks so rudely to her, and sometimes he's so nice."