4| Jahaan's Surprising Act

Author Pov

The four of them took a seat at the table in the cafeteria and started helping Illahi  in her preparation for the debate competition. Because of jordan's leg injury, they canceled exploring the event. Jahaan  was already impressed with Tanya  which made him stare at her.

They all were discussing different topics for debate when Jordan , Jahaan , and Illahi  noticed that Tanya  had dozed off, keeping her head down on the table.

"Does she sleep wherever she gets an empty place?" Jahaan  asked Illahi  while looking at Tanya . Hearing him, Illahi  giggled.

"No, it's nothing like that. But she seems to sleep whenever she is tired. However, the problem is that She's always tired!"Illahi  replied with a chuckle. The three of them cracked up and with the sound of their laughing, Tanya  woke up. She slowly opened her eyes and noticed that they were laughing.

"No no, I didn't sleep", Tanya  murmured with an innocent expression that everyone found super adorable.

" Tanya , go and change your clothes but I think you aren't carrying any spare ones. Do you wanna stay in these
sweat-drenched clothes forever?" Illahi  asked dramatically.

"I'm very tired to go back to the apartment right now and even if I tried, I'll be unable to come back," Tanya  answered with a tired voice.

"I'l take you there", Jahaan  announced all of a sudden. Before Tanya  could react or reply, Illahi , interrupted her.

"Yeah please, Jahaan . If she stays here and continues to sleep, then there are so many chances that I'l be sleeping off too," Illahi  said.

Tanya was uncomfortable at the thought of going to the apartment with Jahan  as she recalled the last time they were together in her apartment, things got awkward. Her mind was reeling with the visuals when Jahaan  had seen her wrapped up in just a towel.

"It's OK! Don't worry about me. You stay here, I'll just go and change", Tanya  informed looking at Jahaan  when Illahi  interrupted her again.

"Naah, not even a chance. What if you go there and don't return. If Jahaan  accompanies you, he'll be able to bring you back, right?" She said.

At the same time, Jahaan  got up and picked up his and Tanya's bag. Now Tanya  was left with no option, she got up and started following Jahaan . They both got inside the car and left for Tanya 's apartment. The whole drive to the apartment was quiet. Both of them did not utter a single word.Jahaan  was waiting for Tanya  to speak while Tanya  was too uncomfortable to say anything.

"Since the past few days, she is ignoring me a lot. But, I can't seem to remember any of my actions which could upset her," Jahaan  thought to himself.

He stopped the car in front of Tanya 's apartment.
"You go and get a shower and change. I'll be waiting here", he announced. Tanya  didn't say anything and got out of the car.

When she opened the door to her apartment, she breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank God, he didn't accompany me inside," she muttered to herself.

Almost half an hour passed when Jahaan  was waiting for Tanya  while he continued to think about why she was upset with him and was talking so rudely.

Meanwhile, Tanya  picked up her towel and went to the washroom to get a shower. She stood under the hot water pouring on her for a few seconds. Her fingers were running clumsily through her hair. As good as the hot water felt, she couldn't stay for long.

She threw a load of laundry in the washing machine, wiped off her feet, and entered her bedroom. She turned to the closet and found a simple yellow sweater that was gifted by Illahi . Looking at the mirror, she put on the sweater and denim.