20 . Advice From A Friend

After her long drive with Jahaan , Tanya returned to the apartment with a big grin on her face. When she came inside, she saw Illahi  was sitting on the couch, looking rather solemn.

"Illahi , why didn't you inform me about Jahaan's plan before? Have you forgotten our friend's code?" Tanya  asked sarcastically, taking off her heels. But Illahi didn't say anything and stayed quiet.

"Anyways, it was a great ride. It helped me to alleviate some of this college stress," Tanya continued, but it was as if Illahi  did not even hear what she was saying. Tanya  found it very weird that an outspoken girl like Illahi would stay silent for such a long time. Usually, Illahi  would have bombarded her with one question after another. Tanya went to Illahi and shook her shoulder.
"Illahi ?"  Tanya yelled.

"Huh? Um... Hey Tanya , what happened?" Illahi stuttered, snapping out of her thoughts.

"Back to you! What happened, Illahi ? Why are you so... quiet? Is everything alright?" Tanya asked with concern in her voice.

"Should I tell  Tanya everything or not?" Illahi thought to herself.

"Nothing, I was just thinking about my family back home," Illahi  lied with a sad smile.

Tanya took a seat beside her.

"Is everything fine, Illahi ? Is everyone alright back home? You can tell me anything, and you know that, right?" Tanya said in an assuring tone.

"It's nothing like that, silly. Don't start with worrying now," Illahi commented and began to get up from the couch.
"I care about you, Illahi , but if you are so stubborn about not sharing your personal life with me, then it's okay," Tanya gritted and turned away.

"Okay, drama queen. I'll tell you everything.
Go and take a shower first. You smell so sweaty!" Illahi replied with a smile. Tanya grinned and headed towards the bathroom.

On the other hand, when Jahaan returned home, he too had a big smile on his face. Mrs. Mehta noticed him coming inside, and she smiled on seeing Jahaan so happy.

"I am so glad to see Jahaan enjoying his life now. If he had been bent on just pleasing his father, he would have definitely stayed rude and distant from others. I am glad he is opening up," Mrs. Mehta thought to herself. She went to her room and picked up jahaan's photograph, which was sitting on her nightstand.

"Tanya is the sole reason for jahaan's happiness. She taught him the meaning of love and is now encouraging him to enjoy his life. I will never let Christopher do anything to wipe off that smile from my son's face," she muttered to herself.
Jahaan took a shower and was just sitting on his bed when his phone started ringing.

"I'm sure it must be Tanya ," Jahaan mumbled and picked up the call with a smile.
"We were just together an hour ago, and you have already started to miss me!" Jahaan spoke in a romantic voice.

"What are you saying, Jahaan ?" The voice on the other end spoke. Jahaan was shocked to hear jordan's voice.

"Oh, it's you. I thought it was Tanya calling me," Jahaan explained with a blush, causing Jordan to chuckle at his stupidity.

"So, how was your date?" Jordan asked.
"Perfect. All thanks to you, dude," Jahaan replied.

"No worries. It is the least I could do for my friend," Jordan commented.

"Back to you, Jordan . What happened?
Why did you call? Missing me that much, huh?" Jahaan asked and chuckled.

"Nothing. Just ...um..," Jordan started but hesitated.
"Are you sure? You called me for 'nothing'?"
Jahaan queried.
"Well, actually...," Jordan started but again stopped.