15| A Bad Joke

Author pov 

Tanya was just confronting Jahaan for his date with Akshita when Jahaan revealed that he was just kidding with Tanya . Tanya , who still had tears in her eyes, was utterly shocked by this revelation.

Suddenly, Akaay , Akshita , and Sushant entered the room with a smile on their faces. Akshita went to Tanya and hugged her.
"Aww...we didn't want to make you cry!" Akshita whined with a smile.

"Consider this as your punishment for not telling us about your relationship!" Akaay joked, and everyone started laughing.

"You should have seen her face when I told her that I was going on a date with Jahaan . Her face went so pale. It felt like she could cry any moment," Akshita mentioned.

"Okay, guys. Enough. Now no one will tease my girlfriend!" Jahaan announced with a smile. But Tanya was not smiling. She was still in shock.

"But how do you guys know?" she asked, looking at Akaay and Akshita .

"Your boyfriend told us everything!" Akshita replied.

"Yes, Tanya . I told them everything. I had no choice. Sorry!" Jahaan apologized with a sad smile.

"Why are you apologizing, Jahaan ? Tanya , you know that if he hadn't told anyone, Akshita would have probably gone on a date with him!" Akaay joked, and everyone burst into laughter.

But, Tanya was still completely silent.

"Yes, I would have left no opportunity to take over your handsome boyfriend," Akshita teased Tanya .

"Does mom and dad know about us?" Tanya asked.

"No, we haven't told them yet. And anyway, they have gone for the inauguration of Winchester's new restaurant. Don't worry, Tanya ," Akaay assured.

"I want to know everything. When did you guys get to know?" Tanya prompted. She was really curious as to how this trio had pulled such an obnoxious plan.

"Okay, let me tell you then," Akshita replied, coming forward. And began narrating the events leading up to this...

Flashback

Akshita's pov

So, I was in my room when mom came and told me that she had a perfect guy in mind for me.

"Who's that guy?" I asked mom.

"You already know this guy!" Mom mentioned with a flirtatious smile.

"Come on, mom. Just spill it out already!" I pressed on.

" Jahaan !" Mom blurted out, and my eyes widened with shock. I could not believe my ears when I heard this.

"What? Jahaan ?" I exclaimed.

"Yes, Jahaan . Isn't he a nice guy? I found him to be a very charming and courteous boy!" Mom affirmed.

"He is a nice guy, mom, but he is also Tanya's friend. Wouldn't it be awkward for me to date Tanya 's friend? And also, we cannot decide his interests without asking him!" I protested.

"Oh, don't worry, I will talk to him. You don't have to worry about that!" Mom announced and started to leave when I stopped her.

I did not want her to talk to Jahaan and make this more awkward than it already was.

"Wait, Mom!" I yelled.

"What?" Mom asked, confused.

"You are not gonna talk to him. I'll ask him myself!" I replied assertively.