7| Jahaan's Privacy is Hampered

Author pov

Jahaan was looking at his mother with pleading eyes as if he wanted to say why didn't she warn him. Mrs. Mehta  just giggled at his helpless face.

" Tanya told me that you guys are going to the freshman party as a couple. So, I thought to invite your "partner" for dinner ", Mrs. Mehta said winking at him.

"Also, later on, we decided to take a look at your tuxedos so Tanya  can find herself a pretty outfit to match yours" she added with an excited squeal which made Jahaan  roll his eyes.

"She is gonna decide what I'm going to wear for my freshman party?" Jahaan  asked with a groan.

"So what? That's why I brought Illahi  with me. I am sure you are not gonna doubt her fashion skills", Tanya  protested, narrowing her eyes at him.

Mrs. Mehta took Tanya and Illahi towards Jahaan's walk-in closet. It was just like a small room in which his clothes and shoes were organized in a very rich manner.

"Wow, jahaan ! This is huge!" Illahi exclaimed, entering the closet. Jahaan also followed them inside.

" Illahi , now it's your turn to take over and decide what he should wear to his freshman party", Mrs. Mehta announced.

Illahi nodded and started looking at Jahaan's clothes. Meanwhile, jahaan left the closet silently and took a seat on his bed. Tanya noticed him doing so, she also followed behind.

"So, this room is your entire world?" Tanya asked, looking around.

"Obviously! Going out and spending time with people is such a waste of time", Jahaan commented with a frown. Tanya was talking to him while she scanned his room when sudde-nly, her gaze went to a painting on the wall. She noticed that it was signed by Jahaan .
" Jahaan , don't tell me that you made this painting!" March exclaimed, looking at that painting.

"Yes, l've made this painting and I know it's not that good", Jahaan  said, turning his head around.

"NOT THAT GOOD? It looks like someone had brought it from an art gallery!" Tanya  exclaimed.

"How many talents do you have exactly?" She added with admiration.

"I am not very passionate about painting; it's just a hobby. Whenever I find something worth which is very difficult to erase from my mind, I just pick out my colors and brushes and paint it down", Jahaan  explained with a shrug.

Suddenly, Tanya 's gaze went under his bed where a frame was kept upside down. It was the same frame that Jahaan  had hidden from Tanya .

"Are you painting something new? Let me see", Tanya  said, reaching towards the frame when suddenly, Jahaan  came to stand in front of her.

"No, no! It's an empty frame. I just forgot to pick it up", Jahaan  stuttered while Tanya  looked at him with an accusing stare.

"You are lying, right? Your face is screaming that you are hiding something. Just let me see that frame, please", Tanya  requested and again started reaching out for the frame when suddenly, Jahaan  snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her to the couch.

"You can't see it. It's still incomplete and I don't like to show any of my incomplete paintings to anyone", Jahaan  informed her.

"Oh, okay! You could have just said that.
But when it gets complete, don't forget to show me", Tanya  said.

They were still talking to each other when Illahi came out of the closet with a cloth hanger in her hands along with Mrs. Mehta .

The hanger had a black tuxedo along with a black bow tie to pair with it.