Chapter 60

Adeline's POV

I continued to hold Hope while Grayson looked torn and between the 3 of us , I looked up as my eyes connected with my brothers watching their shocked expressions turn into angry ones . Everyone around me seemed to get angry and we all anxiously waited to see what happened next .

I'm hurt but do I make a move? Should I attack him from the back now that he's too busy talking to Grayson about who knows what . I stopped listening and all I can hear is ringing , being so close to death is scary, I feel like I've been in this position many times and every time I came face to face with death I was okay with it . But now I have my daughter and I know she would be okay but nobody will ever fill in that void that a mother does .

I look up at Lindsey to see her already looking at me and she looks scared and there is tears running down her face as she holds her growing belly , is that baby really not Graysons? If she has a second chance mate where is he? Why is he not here fighting for her life .

" You know you killed my mate and my baby , you probably don't remember that huh " he said with anger now .

I looked at Grayson and he was still unfazed , emotionless now .

" It really angers me that a piece of shit like you got a second chance mate after I made it seem like I killed your first one . Which I'm still trying to figure out how it was possible if she was clearly still alive " he said again now looking at me .

" Guess it was always meant to be you and her looking as she was able to give you a child so easily and Lindsey wasn't . " he said now looking at Hope.

He continued to look at Hope and Grayson took that as an opportunity to jump at him and the rest of his warriors jumped at victors guys. I quickly got up and tried my best to hold Hope and made a run for it .

I looked back when I knew I shouldn't have and I saw Lindsey looking around scared as she tried to figure out what her next move was.

FUCK.

I shook my head knowing I shouldn't do this but I can't leave a pregnant woman in the middle of a battle .

DOUBLE FUCK.

I took a look around and saw no one was paying attention to her so I ran in her direction and gently hit her making her jump and look at me with fear .

" Come on " I said as she finally got her feet moving and ran with me . I took her inside the house and put her in one of the extra rooms we had .

" Stay here " I said as I got closer to the window and carefully peaked through the curtain so I wouldn't get seen .

" Wait here " I said as I left handed her Hope and walked towards the door .

" Where are you going? " she whispered yelled.

" I'll be right back I need to find something to take this off with " I said as I quietly made my way down to the second floor to where my room was .

As I got closer to my bedroom door I saw something shiny out of the corner of my eyes .

BINGO!

There in front of me were some keys I quickly grabbed them and tried to unlock the hand cuffs .
Please moon goddess let this be the right key .
And just like that the hand cuffs unlocked and fell from my wrists

Thank you , thank you .

I rubbed my sore wrists and made my way back up to where Lindsey was waiting with hope . As I walked in I notice Hope is now laying on the bed fast asleep as if nothing was happening around her . I wish I was at peace like that , without a care in the world. I look over at Lindsey as I heard her groan , she is hunched over the bed sweating .

" What's wrong??? " I ask her freaking out . She just looks down and I follow her gaze and realize she's standing on a pool of Liquid.

" I think he's coming " she groans out as she grips her belly .

Fuck.