•ELEVEN°

Flashback

Udaybhanu was settled in room, swamped in calculating of the expenditure for wedding of his seventeen years old daughter. He reviewed the estimate in every change, he get. He traced his jaw slightly and hissed when there was requirement for  adding  Zero digit at the end of number.
He would have to increase the allotted amounts on countless expanses.

His sequence of thoughts went on hiatus
when sound of footsteps passed in his ear, which were already introduced since many years. Suman's eyes squinted as she peered at countable white sheets.
and commented "you have been  calculating cost since past few days"

Her husband Unclutched navy blue fountain pen and dropped it on side.
He shifted his eyes and side glanced to just watched his wife in deep frown.
And after long time which felt like eternity, revealed "Cost has been mounting, certainly it isn't less than twenty-five thousands, instead it might increase"

Suman allowed a sigh to escaped and interjected "in just one week it has gone from ten thousand to twenty five thousands. In a month's time it might eventually reach a lakh"

Out of sudden, Udaybhanu got irked by her words and nearly lashed on his wife "what shall I do ? Public mockery doesn't seem much wonderful. If there is any complaint, then people will say that although we are a renowned family, our hospitality is ungenerous. Additionally my ladoo might face hatred comments from her in laws, if they fall into the complaining of villagers, Her future can be stained  with never ending loathe and I'm all set to poured my every last capital  just to make sure that she won't suffer and moreover  It's my duty that the guest be treated with the utmost care.

Suman stated as a matter of fact " since brahmaji's inception of this universe, nobody has ever been successful in making the wedding guests happy. There is bound to be some reason to find fault or concern or condemns something"

Her husband waved his hand and cut off her in mid-sentence  "So That's the reason why I don't desire to let anything
unsettled, I don't want to hear any complain" Despite feeling heavy strain which is akin to her daughter's marriage, she wanted to  remained resilient.
So she diligently embarked her viewpoint

"Those who are so poor that they can not even afford a roti at home will behave like lords as in the name of wedding guest. 'The hair oil isn't scented or the cheap soap has been brought from an unknown place or the cots are loose or the lantern give off too much smoke or the residence is not airy enough' There will be thousands of complaint like thus.

To what extent can you stop them ?
'If they get scented oil, their complaint would be " oh, this oil is more appropriate for prostitutes to use or we need some simple, unscented oil, They will remark as if their esteemed self is displaying his own richness and as if we have never ever touched soap !!"

Udaybhanu failed to grasp naked truth that was underneath of her recently spoken words and assumed that indirectly she called his stress nothing but asinine. Resentment sprawled in his mind and drops of loathe drenched his eyes, He contented "so ultimately, You are giving me list of what to do"

Suman  blinked and frozen  in disdain and she clarified "I don't have any wish to see you  choke under stress and God forbid if it will lead some serious health issue and moreover we do have a son to take care"

He quipped "so you feel that I will die"
Suman replied "Nobody knows about life and death, There is no need to be annoyed at what I said. Everyone has to die one day. Nobody is an immortal here. Something that has to happen can't be avoided if one simply close one's eyes on it. I see it daily with my own eyes ~ a father dies and his children are forced to wander in the streets, facing terrible hardship so why should a man work in Such a way that this might happen.