•NINETEEN°

She is never where she is
She is only inside her head >>>

Curtsey washed over on words. Relaxed curve of lips and gentleness coiled tone passed the chance to let people know about  one's ethics. Unthinkingly Mrinalini's pad of spindly finger played with her nuptial chain.

she felt the temptation to join bedsheet however couldn't let that happen. She spaced out and engaged in a mental meandering. She allowed her thinking to be about meera, A girl who even seems younger than her however always seems to pay mind in her work, as if she possess another enchanting world in her room and happened to embraced it.

She turned her gaze upward and watched her husband taking his leave with brief movement of clasping his hand. she didn't find it odd as she knows that he  was here for the sake of formality and prefer to not step in someone's business too much. Although some part of her sense found it odd that Meera wa sister figure for him however seldom she even looked at her elder brother and he respects her decision.

Her bosom expanded  when she breathed deeply as everyone here feels like a puzzle which need to be settle.
Unexpectedly her ears offered attention to their words and she felt her breast clenched when unexpected agony pierced her throbbing heart.

"How much dowry did your grand daughter in law offer ?" Woman who own not so wrinkled free face out of sudden asked this. Mrinalini watched that how suman's eyes frooze while Manorma hands tightened thier grip on copper cup

Manorma's lips twitched in a rueful smile and she spoke "Didn't accept as Shubhankar stepped back as he feels that he has enough" Mrinalini blinked to cover from recent shock and suddenly her mouth taste like death. She has been thinking that her husband consider her father as a close one and for the sake of morality he refused to take anything from them but little did she know, that was just to let his character shine, a way to tell people that his life literally would be on same charms if he accept that or not as that feels indeed smaller amount for him.

"Lord ! Such a shame it is, feeling sad for you as there is my brother who will cherish his daughter with immense wealth so her in in laws can be content  at heart, Monorama ji, now we are about to be a family so I shall not conceal my thoughts, Don't you think that Shubhankar deserve better as his widespread popularity is something which only can gain by passionate hardwork and I offer my apology

you should have atleast be considerate enough before choosing that girl as his wife, as she couldn't even afford him and that too didn't show gratitude by not giving dowry additionally Mrinalini didn't seem pretty enough to even has Shubhankar as her husband"

Prior her heart could bleed anymore, she felt warm hands pressed against her ears, startled, her eyelashes speedily heightened and to her astonishment it was Mohini with soothing smile on her face and she mouthed "Don't listen"

In following moment, everything fell silent except the agony which sluggishly engulfed her heart and she couldn't help but let her heart drown in waves of agony. she stayed silent when words brutally murdered her little home of happiness and turned it in gloomy graveyard.

Few minutes rolled away and then gathering courage, she looked at mohini whose warmth was somehow managed to offer ounce of relief, suddenly she felt blanket of silence thrown away when mohini take her hands back and with a sigh, She commented "How can we expect from men to take our side when women doesn't value the emotions of other's woman"

she heaved a long breath and then stated as matter of fact "Mrinalini this is how society consider woman as an object, If you let them take you as an object then one day your existence will worth nothing, for making it worth, speak for yourself and it won't happen in one day..but one day it will happen and don't let anyone's words walked in your personal matter, hope you will take this into consideration"