•SIXTEEN°

Curtains of sky slided to allowed the entrance of golden beam, Gentle yet soothing breezes whispered morning wishes  to the streets occupied by many strange faces. Holy drops of river ganga was awaiting to be purified many souls.
Mrinalini accomplished her morning duties and pushed herself to engaged in today's responsibilities, might today she will be loaded with additional task due to approaching Holi festivals.

Her reflecting image in vintage vanity sank her heart.  She was wise enough to not let her insecurities triumph although freakish sensations coiled in the pit of her stomach. she deeply exhaled and latched on a case of vermillion and ended up putting it on her hair partition.
and then following moment between her delicate eyebrows settled a smudged crimson bindi. Her bangles generated
bridal music swelling the room and then Mrinalini eyes lowered and settled on her nuptial chain, indeed admiration solicited its presence on her expression.
on the other hand she wondered that would she always identified by her husband surname, her husband seemed to be a generous hearted person however much generous to let her pursue her dreams is not confirmed.

she heaved a troublesome long breath and refrain her thoughts to not swirled around that subject. She walked away from vanity when devotional music filled in the air and then her parents' moments  flooded in her mind. she couldn't help but feel utterly lonely as she has no idea how will she handle her existence in this haveli for the rest of her life.

What if only her pillows will continue to assure  her tears in her remaining life ? What if only kitchen pillar let her head rest on it ? Her lips didn't twitched anymore and somewhere she knows that never she would address this place as her home from her heart and then a quote highlighted in her mind which was
"Kuch pass ho ke bhi dur se lagte hai
Aur kuch dur ho ke bhi pass se lagte hai"

She shut her thoughts and then ascended stairs while mumbling "jai shree krishna" to maids who were dusting the haveli. In next moment she found herself offering the water to tulsi as it is believed that by this act blessings and positive energy passed in  the household. When she parted her eyelids, she watched mohini drying her hair locks with cotton towel and prior she could step aside, Mohini lips curved softly and she shot a morning wish, Mrinalini returned the gesture and then drowned in the task.

Heated argument unfold between two young florist as they both caught in between in their own favourites.  Mrinalini pinched expression deepened and then she came close to get the issue.
She didn't hide her face by ghoonghat
as it slipped out from her mind. she appeared infront of them and didn't included in verbal communication.

The younger one who was clad in pale yellow kurta immediately bowed his head and clasped his hand in respect.
His brows lifted when Mrinalini returned the same gesture. The other one seems so scoundrel rolled his eyes upward as clasping his hands for a young lady feel to stab his male ego.

The well behaved one elaborate the situation as it was about the shade of flower and truth to be told Mrinalini even appreciate his choice of shade more than other one. so she voice out her opinion while measuring her tone "I even too feel that it will be more preferable" Kisan, The scoundrel one raised his eyebrow and wordlessly chuckled as it amazed him that ladies offering their opinion and that also opposing his choice. He scowled and commented "since when ladies freely throw their opinion, Don't you own a shame of bone in you that you are pointing a man shortcoming, Lord what an unfortunate day it is that I'm feelings  embarrassing  for even listening a inexperienced ladies vie---"

His voice was cut off by an authoritative voice "Hold your tongue" Mrinalini's  spine tingled when she felt the towering figure loomed overhead her and his warmth collapsed with her cold sweat.
Her heart missed two beats, and for a beat she closed her eyed to clamped down those rising feelings.