Chapter 1

MAHIRA RAJPUT

Sunlight peeped through the curtains of a small sophisticated room. It is a 2BHK flat that gives an aesthetic vibe. Mahira was sleeping on the bed. Her face radiates calm and her beauty. Suddenly, the alarm clock rings, stating that it is 6:30 a.m. She slowly opened her eyes and turned the alarm off. Mahira searched for her phone on the bed and went to the bathroom to freshen up after answering some messages. She showered and then headed to the building's top floor gym. She is not a fitness freak, but exercise gives her energy that lasts throughout the day.

She is currently getting ready to go to her office. She works as a personal assistant to Krishna Associates' CEO, Mr Suraj Krishna, who is 50 years old. Mr. Krishna has always regarded her as his daughter, and she feels at ease around him.

Mahira was in the parking lot of her office when her phone suddenly rang."Good morning, bhayya," she cheerfully greets her brother Aarav Rajput.

"Good morning, my Bachcha.How are you? Why did not you answer the phone last night?" Aarav inquired.

"Sorry, Bhayya. The last day was hectic. I did not have time to check the phone........................ Waise Pappa kaha kai (Where is Pappa)". Mahira asked hesitantly.

"He is here, Bachcha. Do not worry, Papa is fine now. There is no need to worry about him. The doctor stated that he is completely fine.

"Hmmmmm," Mahira responded.
"I understand you are hurt by Pappa's behavior toward you. But trust me, bachcha, he loves you more than I do. "The fact that he does not want to show you...you know the reasons," Aarav said.
"Yes, I know Bhai."She spoke sadly.
"Okay, Bhayya." I need to go. "Talk to you later," Mahira sighed.

'I am not sure how I can make him happy. How can I make him feel proud of me? How can I make him love me? she wondered.

ISHARA MEHRA.

It was 7 a.m., and Ishara was running around her house doing household chores. She is already late for the day and has an urgent meeting at 8:30. Last night, her daughter refused to sleep and was playing with a Barbie set gifted by Chachi Maa. Her daughter Mia Mehra is now sleeping soundly after ruining the entire night.

Ishara looked at her daughter with a small smile on her face. Whatever difficulties she faces in her life, her daughter's single glance brings her peace.

Ishara got her daughter ready for daycare and is ready for her office.
She needs to drop Mia off at daycare and also pick up her friend Driti from her apartment. Both work for A&S Cooperatives. Ishara is on the CEO's team, whereas Driti is in charge of the finances.

Ishara was driving and received a call from her chachi. "Good morning, Chachi."
"Good morning, Ishu. Are you heading to the office? "Where is my Mia baby?"

"Yes, Chachi, I am going to the office, and your Mia baby is sleeping after ruining my entire night playing with the Barbie set you sent." Ishara chuckled.
"I am missing you both so much. When are you planning to visit us? Your chacha also wants to see you. He is currently in Delhi for some meetings. "I am completely alone here." Chachi expressed sadness.
"I am planning to visit Deradhun next month, chachi."
"You are repeating the same answer from last month, Ishu," Chachi said, feigning anger.
"Pakka promises chachi. Okay, Chachi, I will call you later; I am driving byeee."

Ishara ended the call and drove to daycare.

DRITI ARORA.

It was a lovely bedroom painted in white and light peach tones. Driti was sleeping on the sofa. She was sweating profusely when she jerked awake and collapsed.
"Ouchhhh," Driti said as she massaged her hand.
"Oh God, that hurts." Again, she fell asleep on the sofa while thinking about him. She slowly regained her balance and proceeded to her bathroom.

While Driti was taking a shower, her thoughts were not focused on the task at hand.
"The same dream again..."Those charcoal eyes still pierced my soul, and I can still remember them. "Oh god, why mee?" With a sigh, she wrapped a towel around her body and headed to her closet to change into her work clothes. Her hand instinctively reached for the mangalsutra she was hiding under her shirt. It never occurred to her to take that off. Her mind would never allow her to remove it no matter how hard she tried.

Driti was jolted out of her reverie by a message on her phone from Ishara stating that she was waiting for her downstairs. She lives alone here. Her only family is her grandmother, who lives in her mother's ancestral home.
She walked towards the parking lot, where Ishara was waiting for her.
They exchanged greetings before making their way to the office.

"Mahi has messaged me. She invites us to join her on a shopping trip.Ishara spoke.
"I do not have much work today. I am free after 5 p.m.," Driti said, scrolling through her phone.
"I am also free after today's meeting. Then message her to meet at Taza Mall at 5:30pm," Ishara said, and Driti agreed.

At 6:00 p.m., Taza Mall

"MAHIIII, YOU ARE LATE." Driti made a dramatic statement.
I am sorry, Driti...there was a last-minute emergency at the office," Mahira apologized. Driti rolled her eyes.

Mahira shifted her gaze to Mia, who was sitting on Ishara's lap. "Oh, my Mia baby, your favourite aunty has arrived," Mahira said sweetly to Mia.
"Do not think too highly of yourself.I am her favourite aunty. Isint miaaaa," Driti told her.  MIA giggled as she looked at them both.
"Oh, that was so cute," Driti exclaimed.

"What do you want to shop for? Is there a special event going on? Ishara asked Mahira.
"We have an annual meeting tomorrow. So I am looking to buy some formal suits as well as some casual wear. It is been a while since I shopped for anything."

"Okay, let us go," Ishara said.

Three of them went shopping for casual and formal clothing for each other. They also bought several dresses and toys for Mia's baby. They then went to IShara's favorite restaurant for a meal. It was 9 p.m. when they said their goodbyes and headed to their respective flats.

HEY GUYSS ......HOPE YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER. PLEASE DO COMMENT AND VOTE