CHAPTER 18

I returned to the room where my friends and Riya were sitting. I closed the door and thanked God that the makeup artists had left. It's already 6pm and the marriage will be at 7.

" Thank god you are here Driti. We have already called Rahul, and he is at the entrance. There is tight security checking is going on and he can't come inside.". Ishara said panicking.

"Then what will we do . I am really scarred".
Riya is at the verge of crying. I patted her shoulder to console her.

"Don't worry Riya , we will find out a way". I said.

"There are bodyguards at every corner. If we could trick them, then can easily escape through the corridor next to the room. But Riya can't escape wearing this wedding Lahanga. They could easily spot her. Furthermore, if she stepped out, Mrs. Khan would learn about it, and they could easily catch us". Mahira reasoned.

She is right. Mrs khan don't trust us. She is literally watching our every move .

"Then what will we do ?" Riya asked.

"You need to change this wedding dress and anyone from us should pretend as the bride. It will help to divert then". Mahira suggested. We looked at each other.

" Ok that's a good idea but who among you is pretending as me. And how you are assisting her in escaping.". Riya couldn't control her worry about our safety.

" I will pretend as the bride." I said taking a deep breath to calm my heart. Three of them looked at me.

"are you sure Driti." Ishara looked me for confirmation.

"Yes, you both are very familiar with the location since you checked last night. It will help Riya . I will stay here". They nodded.

"Then you both exchange this dress. After dropping Riya off with Rahul, we will bring you something else to change.". Mahira said.

I changed my dress into her wedding attire. I looked myself at the mirro. Even though I pretended brave in front of my friends, I am really scared. Really scared of him. I look beautiful in this dress. Red suits me. Mahira managed to neatly tie my hair into a bun. I am In the same makeup . Now I am looking like a bride.

HIS BRIDE.

The thought about him made my heart beats like a drum

The thought about him made my heart beats like a drum. It's already 6 45 and they are no where to find. I hope Riya reached Rahul safely. I started to walk to and fro in the room. Her family will arrive any time to bring the bride to the mandap. Oh god please help us. I called both Mahira and Ishara's number but they aren't picking it . Suddenly I heard the footsteps approaching the room. I immediately covered my face with the veil, so they could not see it. Mr khan and his wife entered the room. Both have a serious look and tension on their face.

" it's the time Riya. Everyone is waiting for you. Don't try something that harm our reputation. One more thing , I don't want him to divorce you after one year. Our business grows only when we have connections with the kapoors. So make him stay with you for the life. If you need to seduce him, then do so."

It disgusted me the way Mr khan said it. This is not the way a father talk to his daughter. He stoop so low for money. Poor Riya.

Mrs khan gripped my hand and dragged me to out of room. Oh my god, they are bringing me to the mandap. I can't go there.

Mahira and Ishara where are you ????...... I stopped in my track and look around for them. There are no where. Fear started to creep in me. I am standing at the entrance of the mandap.

I looked up to see HE looking at me. Thank god my face is covered with the veil. His gaze is boring holes in me. My body started to shiver . Mrs khan's strong grip on my hands prevent me from falling. I don't want to go to him. She slowly started to drag me to the mandap. The same women I saw a few hours ago are sitting there, along with some men. Only a few people are present.

I looked at him through the veil. He looked so handsome in cream colored wedding dress. He changed from the white dress I saw him wearing a few hours ago. Mrs khan forcefully made me sit in the mandap.

I heard the pandit ji chanting some mantras. I can't marry him. I need to find a way to escape. I slowly removed my phone from Lehanga's pocket and messaged Mahira about my situation without being noticed by anyone. I kept my phone back and turned to see him looking directly at me. His stares made me gulped. I hope he didn't see the text.

His stares averted from me when the pandit asked him to tie the mangalsutra.

No.....no.....no.......please don't do it. This can't happen .

I can't marry him.

God please save me. Pandit ji handover the  mangalsutra him. He slowly move forward and tied it around my neck. His face is devoid of any emotions. Tears started to flow from my hand. Two drops of it  fell on his hand. It made him to look at my eyes through the veil.

He applied the vermilon that the pandit gave him to my head partition. My heart stops the beats.

I am married now.

This can't happen. I can't be his wife. I need to escape from here. I was in such a trance that I could not hear what the pandit ji was saying. His grip on my hands brought me back from my thoughts. He made me stand, and his gaze was fixed on my bandaged hand. I immediately withdarw my hand from his hold. It brought my steps to a halt and almost caused me to trip, but his grip on my waist kept me steady. His hand on my waist gave me the same electric shock as when he first touched me. He is staring at me doubtfully.

There is something going on his mind. I hope he didn't recognize me. Pandit ji asked Riya's mother to tie my dupatta with his shall for saath phera.