CHAPTER 25

I tried to ignore all his messages and went to the bed. But sleep is already gone with him. My feet automatically take its way to balcony. My gaze fixed on the moon and I unintentionally clutched the railing. The moon is shining in the bright. I looked at it and all my thoughts went to him. I rushed to Mia's side when I heard the faint sound of her crying. I patted her head slowly and she went back to the sleep. I lay down beside her and hugged Mia tightly, it brought comfort to my soul. I stayed there looking at her, my girl. Tears find it's way out of my eyes. 'Why did you come back to our life Dev.' My mind eventually went to his thoughts. I did not know when I went back to sleep.

When I woke up from my sleep it was already 8 in morning. I overslept today. Mia was not besides me. I think she is with chachi. After getting fresh up I went to the dining hall. Chachi is feeding Mia her food and chacha is nowhere to find. I think he went to the office. I smiled at my girl and chachi. After breakfast, I went back to the room to take a bath.

I saw my phone ringing and it was him. I stood there frozen, not knowing what to do. My heart rate went up, and I started to feel uneasy. My hand shivered as I reluctantly took the phone. My mind wandered between whether to take the call or not. Suddenly the phone stopped ringing. I released a sigh of relief. But it was replaced by a shocked expression when I read his message.

"Take the phone or you will not bear the consequences."

I can sense his threat in the message. He only knew how to treat me and force me to do things his way. Again the phone started to ringing. I composed myself and attend the call. I remained silent, waiting for him to speak. This is the first time we are talking over the phone.

"So, finally, my dear secretary decided to bless me by answering the phone." He mocked me but his irritation of me not attending any of his calls and messages are purely visible. I took a sharp breath and kept my fear in my mind.

"What do you want ? . I have already sent my leave letter then why are you bothering me". I asked firmly showing my bravery.

" yeah a bloody leave for 2 months." He scoffed in his dangerous voice . I remained silent, not saying anything. My silence aggravated him even more.

" What did you think. You can easily escape from me after taking the fucking leave. Your contract will expire in two months, and you believe you can easily resign. I do not care if your contract expires in two months or two years; you are not going to get away from me, Ishara Mehra." His words made me shiver in pain. He knew about the contract. He knew about everything. What will happen when he know about Mia. I don't let that happen. I will not go back there.

"Under company policy, I am allowed to take leave in case of a medical emergency. I will mail you the medical certificate". I spoke without emotion. I know he is not going to agree with anything but I'm going to push this boat further.

"Hell with your medical certificate, Ishara. I want you back in my office." He threatened me in his spine chilling voice. He think he can do what ever he wants. My decision is final I'm not going there.

" My decision is final Mr Malhotra. You can't deny the medical leaves. That's against the company policy." I tried to keep things official, but he kept pulling my patients.

"So this is your final decision. Then keep your ears open, you will beg me to cancel your leave. Mark my words". His angry voice rang out on my phone, making my heart skip a beat. Before I could say anything, he cut the call.

My throat went dry. I supported myself by holding the head of the bed and sat down slowly. His threats are not meaningless. He is planning something . Did he know about my baby. No....no..... Ishara don't take that path . He will never know about her. I did not know how much time I spent sitting there.

Mia's crying brought me back to reality. Chachi is standing at the door, holding Mia, who is crying profusely. I immediately stood up and went to get her.

"What happened." I asked, patting her on the back and walking back and forth. "She was playing with the toys and accidentally got her finger stuck in them. You did not take the bath yet." She asked after looking at my cloths.

"I was going to take one but ......... Mahira called." I lied showing my phone. She nodded and left Mia with me. I looked at her, and she was still crying. I tried to make her stop crying. She tried to open the front button of my dress. I think she is hungry. I immediately settled on the bed and started to breast feed her. She drinks the milk quickly, and I believe she is really hungry. I took her fingers in my hand and noticed a red mark on her left thumb. When I saw it, my heart pinched with pain and I kissed it. I made her sleep after drinking the milk.

My entire day was spent thinking about his words. They are haunting me like a ghost. I could not even eat my lunch properly. Hunger was far away from me. He didn't call me after the morning incident. Not even any messages. Even though I pretended to be brave in front of him, I am extremely terrified right now. He is capable to do anything. I tried to spent my day by helping chachi and playing with Mia.

Chacha returned from the office earlier than usual today. He did not look happy and did not speak to any of us. Today, he ignored Mia, which he had never done before. Chacha ji didn't even came for the dinner. I noticed him pacing in the balcony, and his face was tense. Chachi was sitting on the sofa, hands on her head. I approached him and lightly touched his shoulder to make him aware of my presence. He turned slowly to look at me. He looked so helpless. " What happened chacha.?" I asked, seeing their sad expression, but they tried to hide it.

"Nothing beta some office stress". He tried to convince me. But I know it's not that.

"Don't hide it . I know that is not the reason. Please say it." He remained silent. "Your chacha was dismissed from the office." It was Chachi who told me.

"What?" My eyes widen with the new information. " But chacha you were working there for 25 years. How could they fire you without notice?" . He has been working for a private company since its inception and was a key contributor to their profit growth

"I don't know beta. They did not even give me a proper explanation. It looked like they were forced to throw me out."

His word caught my attention. The next instant, I realized who was behind all of this. Only he can go this extend to for selfish motive. Anger started to agitate in my vein. I desperately wanted to shout it on him. I headed to my room to find my phone. I found it on the bed and before I could dial his number a message popped on the screen.

" How was my surprise . Did you like it?"

Hope you like the update. Please vote and Comment