CHAPTER 5

Ring .......Ring.......
Ishara opened the door hearing the doorbell.
"Why are you not taking the phone. I have been calling for hours". It was Mahira. She was not feeling good enough to stay alone at home after the morning incident with Vivaan.
"What happened Ishu. You look tensed".
"You come inside. My phone was silent". Mahira entered the room and settled herself on the sofa.

"You are here? Mahira asked Driti who coming from the room.
"Mmmm......."Driti also settled on the sofa opposite Mahira. Three of them want to share about their dreadful day. Only they know what happening in each other's life.
It was in 8th grade when they saw each other for the first time. Mahira was in boarding school since the first standard. Ishara and Driti joined her at 8th std. Since then they have been very good friends and have always been there for each other.

"What happened ishu? Mahira asked again. Ishara took a long breath and looked at her two friends.

"I saw him today". Ishara said after a long pause.
"Who ?" Driti and Mahira shared a confused look.

" The guy from that night........."

"WHAT"........It was Driti.
"How did he know that you are here?"
"Did he trouble you?"
" How dare he come in front of you after ruining your life"
"Who is he?
Her friends showered various questions about him. Unable to hold anymore ishara began to cry. Mahira and Driti ran towards her and consoled her.
"I don't know Driti why did he come back to my life. He already ruined my life. What he want now? ...Finally......Finally, I started to enjoy my life and began to live like a normal person he decided to show up. He is capable of destroying me. He is not an ordinary guy....He is ...Dev....Dev Malhotra" She said in between her sob.

Driti's eye widened in her statement but Mahira looked in confusion.
"Dev Malhotra ??? Do you mean the CEO of Malhotra Empires???? ...oh my god....."
"Who is he" Mahira asked impatiently. "Malhotra Empires is going to take over our company. Technically he is our new CEO."
"Oh god...so you have to face him daily. What are you planning to do now? You can't even resign as per your contract."
Ishara remains silent.

"What about Mia? Are you planning to tell about her?"

Driti and Mahira looked at her. Her face becomes pale and is shivering. She took a sharp breath and composed herself.
"I don't want him to know about Mia. She is only my daughter. I will never let him know about her. My contract will end in 2 months. After that I will resign and go from here.".
Driti and Mahira felt bad about their friend's condition. For a second both forgot about their miseries. They hugged Ishara tightly
"Whatever your decision we are with you".Mahira said patting her head. They remained in that position for a few minutes.

               __________________

Driti and Mahira also came to share their problems. But after seeing their friend's condition they couldn't open their mind. Mahira is driving the car towards Driti's flat to drop her.

"What happened Driti....you look lost. Do you want to tell me something". Driti is looking through the window.
She turned her eyes from outside towards her.
"I know something is haunting you and that's why you came to Ishu's flat, to share this with us. But after seeing Ishu's condition you kept it yourself. Right ??"
"How did you know?"
"We have been friends for 12 years dear. I can understand when you both are in pain".

Driti didn't say anything and kept her eyes on the moon as it moved with her. The car slowed down as they entered the gate. Taking a deep breath Driti breaks the silence..

"I saw my husband today".

Mahira looked at her confused and her eyes widened in realization.
"He was in our office today and he still remembers me............"

"Driti don't worry he can't do you anything. That was not even a real wedding dear. Why did he come to your office? Is he a businessman?"

"Most probably. All I know about him is, he is super rich. That's what Ria told me."
Driti opened the door and got out of the car.
"Driti.... I will stay with you tonight."

"Don't worry Mahi I'm fine. You go we will meet tomorrow." She said with a fake smile
Mahira was not ready to leave her best friend in this situation but Driti assured her that she would be alright. Finally, she decided to go back reluctantly.

"Oh god, what is happening with our life? Everything was going fine. Please god, save Driti and Ishara from that monsters. I have to see that devil Vivaan till the project ends with them. Dear god give me the courage to face that demon" Mahira said to herself.

Driti opened the door and went to the room. She changed her dress and settled on the bed. Her hand went towards the mangalsutra.

'it was not even a real wedding' Mahira's words ring in her mind.
'I know it was not the real wedding. But why my mind is not accepting that?' She asked herself.

'Because the wedding took place as per the rituals you idiot' her mind mocked. She slowly lay on the bed and closed her eyes. But sleep is far away from her. Driti hugged the pillow tightly and her tear made the pillow wet.

"I CAN'T EVEN HATE YOU GOUTHAM"

               ________________

Vivaan Singania is sitting calmly on his chair in his study room leaning his head on the chair and looking outside the window. Dev Malhotra is sitting on the sofa chair while Goutham is drinking at the mini bar in the study. Three of them have an emotionless face.
Goutham came out of his thoughts when Vivaan asked "How is our bhabhi Goutham?" A playful smirk is on Vivaan's face. It made Goutham's grip on the glass increase. Dev smirked at their banter.
"Stop it Vivaan" Goutham gritted his teeth.
"Goutham why are getting angry with Vivaan. We wanted to know whether our bahhi is ok or not". Dev and Vivaan started to laugh. Goutham threw the glass and marched towards them.

"Easy Goutham .......Calm down bhai...we were joking."
Goutham shook his head and sat on the sofa.
"What was her reaction ?" This time Dev asked seriously.

"She was shocked. (he took a pause) She doesn't know who I am. She ruined my plan by marrying me and escaped that night. She was successful in hiding all this for six months. Now I caught her and she can't ever escape my clutches. It will be fun playing with her life". Goutham smirked.

"By the way She is Ishara's best friend," Goutham smirked at Dev.

"you didn't even tell me that you finally found Ishara. ..and also you successfully arranged a meeting with her" Dev is pissed. It made Vivaan and Goutham burst into laughter.

"Are you planning to buy Krishna Associates Vivaan???"Dev smirked at Vivaan.

"I have much more things to do in my life . She is not that important". Vivaan replayed nonchalantly.

"But I didn't ask about Mahira. Why did assume that. You recently signed a deal with them. So I was making sure it". Dev started laughing. Vivaan was caught off guard by this statement.

"Your mind is occupied with her." Goutham also didn't let him go.

"Shut up guys.. I hate her more than anything in the world. Finally, it's time for revenge"An evil smile formed on his face. Dev and Goutham shook their head knowingly.

HEY GUYS HOPE YOU LIKED THE UPDATE.DO COMMENT AND VOTE