CHAPTER 17

Finally it's the wedding day. I dressed my self in a simple pastel colour lehenga and did a minimal makeup. My friends are also getting ready in green and white lehenga , respectively.

 My friends are also getting ready in green and white lehenga , respectively

We went to the room where Riya is getting ready. It's the room near the wedding hall. She is looking so gorgeous in her wedding attire. When she saw us, she looked through the mirror.

She gave the look of asking for hope. I gave her an assured look, and she smiled slightly and nodded her head.

We didn't noticed her mother sitting near the dressing table. She is doing her makeup and gave us a disgusting look for a moment.

"Where is Payal ?"

Her mother asked to Riya.

"Maa she went to my room to bring something asked by the makeup artist."

Riya replied timidly. She really scared of her mother.

"I could not even find a servant when I needed one." Her mother scoffed.
"Driti....come with me.." she told me. It was more like order

"Mrs. Khan , Me ?"

I asked not sure because she was asking for me.

"Yes.. I couldn't find any servers here...so you come with me".

She didn't forget to give me that disgusting look. I nodded and followed her. Why is she hating us this much. I am confident that once she learns Mahira's true identity as being from a wealthier family than hers, she will be ready to wash her legs. She is such a money minded lady. We went to Mrs. Khan's room, where she asked me to carry a plate with the dresses, gifts, and shagun. Now that we are in front of a room in 26th floor.

A beautiful young lady opened the door and smiled as she saw us. Mrs.khan returned the smile which is obviously a fake one. She welcomed us. When we entered I Saw a old but elegant and classy women sitting on the sofa.

"Neeraja what a surprise. What brought you here, dear." That lady asked with a warm smile.

"Mrs. Kapoor we have a retail of giving gifts and dresses to groom's family just before wedding. I am here to handover that".
Mrs khan said sweetly. So she knows to talk like that. She handover the plate to that lady.

So this is groom family, means his family. His mother is so sweet. Where did he get his devil's behavior. I hope he is not in this room. I looked around for any sign of him. Once I was certain, I inhaled deeply. I don't want to face that devil again.

"Who is this beautiful girl, Neeraja ?"

The women i assume as his mother asked. Mrs. Khan gave me a quick glance before responding.

"She is Riya's friend". She said uninteresting.

His mother gave me a warm smile. She is very different from her son. She exudes a positive energy, whereas her son is a total nightmare. I reciprocated the smile she gave me. She asked the same young women to place the plate Mrs. Khan had given them in one of their rooms. But Mrs Khan has other plans. She stopped that young lady.

" Bhahu , don't mind she will keep it in your room".

She directed her finger at me. That young lady looked at both of us confusingly. Mrs. Khan's expression indicates that if I refuse her orders, she will kill me. I shook my head at her behavior. She behaves like I am her servant. I approached the lady and borrowed the plate from her.

"Please tell me which room it should be kept in".

I asked giving her an assuring smile. She showed me the room, the one away from the chaotic hall. I slowly moved to that room . The room has an elegant appearance, just like the hall. I scanned the room and placed the plate on the table next to the bed.

I turned around to return to the hall, but my steps came to a halt when I saw the devil in front of me.

What is he doing here ? Why can not he simply stay in his room?. He is in his wedding attire looking so handsome. White suits him best. I didn't made an attempt look at his face. His eyes has the power to conquer me.

"What are you doing here ?." I chose not to respond to his question and to remain silent.

"So this is also your room ....haaa???".

He asked me keeping a mocking smirk. I turned my body in the direction of the door. I don't want to talk to this man. But before I could get to the door, he grabbed my hands and pushed me against the wall. My body went stiff when his palm came in contact with my bare waist. I took a deep breath to calm my rage and looked into his eyes. Anger is evident in those eyes. I tried to free myself from his grip, but it only made him pull me closer to his hard chest.

"When I ask you a question, you must answer" .

He said in his pissed voice leaning towards my ear. His hot breath fanning against my skin is causing something strange in my stomach. I was just staring at his face. Words are not coming out of my mouth because it is so dry right now. Our close proximity is affecting me.

"I didn't like repeating .you understand". Came his cold voice.

"I .. I came with Mrs khan. "She asked me to put this plate here." Again i am stammering in front of him.

He slowly released his grip on my waist, and I immediately created a space between us. But he still held my hand, and his gaze was fixed on the bandage on my hand. He was about to say something to me but it stopped when we heard someone footsteps. I looked at him. I don't want any one to see me with him. If it is Mrs khan she will easily cook up some stories like I am seducing her soon to be son in law. Panick is visible in my face but he smirks looking at my distress.

I immediately ran out of the room. I saw a maid approaching me, and she said Mrs Khan was waiting for me. I felt his intense stare on me, but I did not look back to see his face.