CHAPTER 24

Sorry for the late update

ISHARA MEHRA

The morning light peeping through the curtain made me to stir in the sleep. I slowly opened my eyes and looked down to see Mia sleeping beside me. Her little hands are hugging me, causing a small smile to form on my face. She likes cuddling. I  looked at the clock, and it was only 6 a.m., but sleep had left my eyes.  I tried to wake-up from the bed but it made Mia to stir in the sleep. I started patting her immediately . I lay there for a while, not knowing when I would fall back asleep. 

When I woke up again I didn’t find Mia besides me. I could hear her faint laugh from the hall. I  opened my hair and tied it neatly and went to get fresh up. Sweet aroma of food welcomed me  when I walked out of the room. I found Chachi in the kitchen preparing breakfast and Mia and Chacha helping her. Her hand and face have traces of flour and it made her look even more cute. It made a small smile automatically on my face.

“Mummaaaa” She called me happily. It made both Chacha and Chachi looked at me. I smiled at both of them.

“Mumma..come Mia made mumum for you.” She said in her baby voice. She called mumum for food and I find it really cute.

“Really....my baby made good for mumma”. I enthusiastically replied to my girl.

“Good morning chacha and chachi". I greated hoth of them.

“ Good morning beta, how was the sleep dear?.” Chachi asked me. I assured her it was fine with a simple smile. But deep down my mind is haunting with his thoughts after the last day events. Yes I’m at my chacha and chachi home.  His words are still ringing in my head and it made my heart bleed with pain. After having breakfast I went to my room. 

'How can I forget how whore you are .'

'I know your true colour, Ms Ishara Mehra. How much money did he pay you to sleep with me .'

He called me a whore. He thinks I am a prostitute who will sleep with anyone for money. He already ruined my life and I will never let him step on my dignity for one more time. I know I can’t resign since my contract is not over so I send him a sick leave letter and packed my bags and came here. I didn’t know what he want from me now. 

Tears started to form in my eyes. He has no right to talk to me like that. I’m really scared. He is very powerful person. The first thing I did after learning his identity was look him up on the internet. Aside from that, everything I have learned about him from colleagues has been accurate. He is a very powerful person who can do anything. He is very dangerous. I don’t want him to know about Mia. What if he take her with him. I can’t live without my girl. Only for two months, and then he can not do anything to me. I will no longer be his employee, and I will leave so he does not know about Mia. 

I  Sighed and went to take a bath.  I returned from my bath to find my phone ringing.  I looked at the phone and it’s was Dev's calling. I didn’t answer the call and put the phone on silent mode. I have already messaged Mahira and Driti that I am in Dehradun. They are the only people I needed to updates and now I have no use with the phone now.

Today I’m going to spent the day with my daughter. The pressure of work did not allow me to spend much time with the baby.
I went to change into something comfortable. I made Mia eat her breakfast and bathed her. I changed her into a floral printed frock, and we are ready to go. Chachi is also coming with us. We first went to the park near our home. Mia enjoyed us carrying her and walking around.

Park was so calm and fresh. There were not many people there. We walked between and trees and settled on a bench under a tree. Mia looked very happy. It is been a while since we went on an outing. She had always been within the four walls of her daycare.  Her smile made me feel guilty for a moment.  I felt like I had not treated her well. My baby is already two, and this is the time when they most need their mother, but I could not even spend time with her. I know I am working hard to provide a better life for her, but knowing about her father makes me feel as if I am not doing enough for her. I despise it when these types of thoughts cross my mind. What will  happen when she learned about her father and desired to be with him. No that can’t happen. I can’t live without her. She is my everthing. She is the reason I am living this terrible life. Dev will never know about her. She is only my daughter. My baby girl. I patted her hair gently. She is talking, but no proper sentences are forming. I looked at her and noticed she was looking at the ice cream shop. She always loved to eat something sweet. I gave her to Chachi and went to buy her favorite flavor, chocolate and buy one for chachi. I took out the baby feeder spoon from bag and gave a little ice cream to her. She can not really eat an ice cream cone because she is only two years old.

My mind again went thinking about the incident that happened yesterday. His face flashed in my mind. I made an effort not to cry in front of Chachi and Mia and to stop thinking about him. But when I looked at her his face flashed in my mind.

" Ishu , What happend. Are you lost”
When I felt Chachi sway me, I snapped out of my reverie. I looked at her.

“I have been calling for many times . Where are you lost?” She asked me. Her voice had a worried tone. I shook my head, giving her a faint smile.

“Nothing chachi. I’m alright. Just some work related problem”. I tried to assure her. But she gave me suspecious look.

“ you know Ishu , you are very bad at lying”. She said cupping my face. I tried to not meet my gaze with her.

“Chachi it’s already near noon. Let’s go back”. I tried to avert the topic but she didn’t let me go.

“ Don’t change the topic. You know, your chachi is always there for you.” I smiled at her words. I know they love me very much. They did not even accuse me of having a child outside of marriage. They supported me in the most fearful situation of my life and didn’t hurt me asking about the father of the child. I smiled at her. We went back to the home

After reaching home I helped chachi to make lunch. Chacha ji has already left for the office in the morning, leaving only us three here. I made Mia eat her baby food.  We spent the afternoon watching a movie, and I felt really happy after a few days. It made me forget about that monster. When Chacha returned from office, he insisted on making dinner. He is the best chef in the world. I really missed his food.  We spent some quality time after dinner, like old times. Then we went back to our bed. I gently lulled Mia to sleep.  I opened my phone before going to sleep and immediately regretted it. There are 32 missed calls and 45 texts from Dev. I scroll through his messages.

' Where are you'

'You can’t take leave'

'Why are you not answering my call'

“You were all okay till yesterday'

'Are you ok '

‘I don’t care where you are. I want you @ my office tomorrow morning'. I read his messages. His rage is evident in every message.

“Oh god I’m doomed”

Hope you like the update. Please vote and comment.