CHAPTER 3

DRITI AURORA

"Driti did you prepare the report I asked you last day". The head of the finance department asked Driti who was engrossed in her work.

"Yes sir, I already mailed it to you and here is the copy". She handed over a file to him.

"Ms Mehta is asking for this document. But I have an important meeting now. You do one thing, go to her office and hand over this file and I want you to give this directly to her, it's very confidential. Understood ?"

"Yes sir."She said.

Driti entered the elevator and pressed the button for the top floor. Their company is going to merge with Malhotra Empire which is the top company in the country who don't know the definition of failure.
' I wish the management didn't eliminate the employees after merging' she thought. The elevator rang indicating her destination and she went directly to the reception.
"Hey, Driti. It's been a while. How can I help you dear ?." A lady in her 40s asked politely.
"Hey Sandra, is Ms Mehta here. I wanna hand over this file to her".

"Mam has a visitor. They are in the conference room. Do you want me to hand over this file to her".

"No thanks. I will give it to her"

The receptionist nodded with a smile and Driti went towards the conference hall which was at the end of the corridor.
Her footsteps echoed down the hallway. She entered the room slightly pushing the door. But the room was empty making her confused. She felt a little scared at the calm atmosphere. Driti decided to check the private room and slowly walked towards it. She hesitantly opened the door and called for Ms. Mehta.

"Mam are you there". She saw a silhouette on the balcony and slowly walked towards it.

"Mam is that you"

Suddenly the light went off making her gasp in fear. Now she could see the surroundings only vaguely. She looked in the direction of silhouette but no one was there. A strange fear started to creep into her mind. She suddenly went towards the door but to her despise it was already locked. She knocked on the door and shouted for help.
Driti can sense someone's presence in the room. A strong cologne penetrates her nose which is not Ms Mehta's.

Driti suddenly ran towards the corner and hid behind a shelf. Her breath becomes uneven and the beating of her heart makes her chest move up and down.
Suddenly someone yanked her wrist and fell on a hard chest. She know it was a man and it increased her heartbeat. He pushed her against the cold wall pinned her two hands with his one arm and slacked his other arm around her waist. His cold hand brought a shiver down her spine. Driti could sense his breath on her neck which made her restless.

She opened her mouth to shout but it got instantly shut by a Kiss on her plum lips. Her eyes widened surprisingly. Her mind got stuck for a few seconds. He was kissing her possessively and it was more like punishing her. She tried to push him by beating on his chest but it had zero effect on him. Suddenly the guy squeezed her waist making her gasp and taking it as an opportunity his tongue entered in her mouth and explored every corner of it. Her legs become so jelly and his strong hold on her waist prevents her from falling. He pulled her more towards him leaving no space between them and deepened the kiss.

Driti was breathless when he let go of her lips. She can see his hot breath on her earlobes.

" I GOT YOU Ms DRITI AURORA.......
  OR SHOULD I SAY MRS. DRITI         GOUTHAM KAPOOR"

Driti's eyes widened in shock.

IT WAS HIM.

Driti started to panic. Her nightmare is standing before her and she is so helpless. The only word ringing in her  head is     ESCAPE.

She pushed him with all her strength and her sudden action made him take a few steps back. Taking it an opportunity she ran towards the door. To her luck, it opened and she ran through the corridor. Her footsteps and panicked breath echoed down the hallway. Driti was stopped by her CEO ms Mehta.

"Driti what happened? " Ms Mehta asked observing her pale face. She started to take sharp breaths.

"Nothing mam. I was looking for you in the conference room. Akash sir asked me to give you this file". She handed over the file to her.
"it looks like you have seen a ghost . You are sweating . What happened?".

"Nothing mam, the power went off in the room. It ...It made me scared".

At this moment the last thing she wanted was a conversation with anyone. She quickly went to her desk and packed her bag. Driti sends a message to Akash saying her health is low.

Driti is in the parking area looking for Ishara's car. She still can sense his piercing gaze on her making her feel so naked. She quickly drove towards her apartment.

Once she was inside the home, she removed her dress. It smelled like his cologne. She threw the dress to the floor entered the shower and took a long bath to relax her mind. But peace was not ready to visit her mind. Every scene with him started to flash through her mind.

His eye, those charcoal eyes are piercing her soul.

His touch is burning her skin.

She suddenly collapsed on the bathroom floor and started to cry.

'why did he come back to my life?

What does he want from me now?

Is he here to claim his rights on me?'

It took 2 hours to compose herself. Her eyes were swollen from continuous crying. She sent a message to Ishara saying she would pick up Mia after her daycare since Ishara's car is with her. She needs a nap to escape from this torture. She prayed to the god make this encounter another nightmare that would fade away after she woke up. She lay on the bed and started to drift into her sleep.

HEY GUYS...HOPE YOU LIKE THE CHAPTER. PLEASE DO COMMENT AND VOTE.