CHAPTER 11

Sorry for the late update

DEV MALHOTRA

I am in Mumbai to attend a very important meeting. We need to crack this deal to increase our profit share. Initially, it was Vivaan's idea to collaborate with the Rajput Empire and he was going to attend the meeting. But due to some pre-commitment, he wants me to crack this deal since we have an early agreement.

The meeting is at the famous five-star hotel and my not-so-favourite Karan Raizada is attending this meeting. He has been my enemy since college.

Now I got it why did Vivaan send me here? He loved to piss me off. I know he definitely had that ' I got you' smirk on his face. I will deal with him later.

It was meeting day and I was walking out of the elevator reading the file and my secretary was following me. I was so lost in my file that I didn't notice someone walking towards me. Suddenly with a jerk, I collided with that person and the files fell from my hand. The person who collided with me was about to kiss the floor, and suddenly I grabbed her waist with my hands. It was a reflex reaction, that made her chest collide with mine. The feeling of her body towards mine made a weird sensation in my mind. She gripped my biceps to keep steady on her legs.

Her face was covered with her shiny long cascades of hair. Being so close I can smell her. The chocolate smell of her hair penetrates my nose giving my mind peace. She slowly removed her hair from her face. Her mere act of sliding hair increased my heartbeat.

What is happening to me?

This feeling is very new to me. I have never felt like this before with any girl. Her beautiful face came into view. She is looking like a goddess. When she locked her eyes with mine, it skipped my heartbeat. Those brow eyes are captivating. Her lips ..... it's so plum and fascinating. An urge to kiss those pink lips emerged in my mind. I came back from my dreamland when she removed my hands from my waist. She immediately joined my secretary in picking up the papers that were scattered on the ground and handed them to him. She slowly turned towards me

"Sorry sir"

it was a mere whisper and her eyes were not meeting mine. After apologizing she walked fast towards the elevator and entered it. Our eyes collided for the last time before the elevator door closed.

I couldn't concentrate the entire meeting. My mind was wandering around her thoughts. She occupied my mind. Karan and my PA explained our quotation.

" I liked both of your ideas. I need some time to finalize one. We will meet at night for the confirmation." Aarav Rajput, the CEO of Rajput Empires said. I just nodded to his suggestion and started to walk towards the door.

"It's been a while Dev". Karan's voice stopped me. I slowly turned to face him with a smirk on my face.

" indeed Mr Raizada and you still dare to stand in front of me." The smile on his face vanished and he gritted his teeth.
" it was all past Dev. Don't forget we were very close friends at the college." His words increase my anger

.
"We are no longer friends and you are not gonna crack this deal".

There is a determined look on my face. I know this deal is very important for him since his company is in financial crisis. I will never let him have this deal. I walked out of the room without waiting for his reply. We were friends in college. But the day he misbehaved with my cousin I cut all the ties with him and beat the shit out of him. When he takes over his dad's business Malhotra Empires becomes their biggest rival. He wanted to defeat us. But it never gonna happen ever.

Staying alone in the room was tough. I always like to chill free time with my two best friends. I needed a drink to kill my boredom. I dressed casually and went to the bar.

The club is crowded since it is the weekend. I settled in the VIP room and ordered my usual drink. I casually averted my eyes around the club and it settled on the same girl I collided with.

She is looking so damn sexy in that black strapped dress. She easily grabbed every man's attention. But I didn't like their eyes on her. An urge to protect her from their lusty eyes evolved in my mind. Her smile is very addictive. She is carefree and enjoying her day with her friends.

My blood boiled when Karan approached her. He said something that made her blush. The moment I saw that fucker guided her to the dance floor, I lost it completely. How dare he touch her?

When I saw she was comfortable with his touches, I felt a pain in my heart. She is mine..only mine.

Dev what is this thought? You just saw that girl this morning and you were completely lost in her

No

I can't be like this.

I tried to convince my mind that his hold on her waist didn't affect me. But I couldn't succeed in it.

Sensing a piercing gaze she turned around to find the owner but couldn't succeed. Throughout the dance, he was talking to her, but she seemed like not giving an ear to it as her eyes were searching for me. When the music stops she excused herself and went back to her friends.

I saw that fucker Karan is walking towards me.
" I saw your eyes have not left Ishara since she stepped into the pub".

He said sitting near me.

Ishara?

Her name is Ishara... a beautiful woman with a beautiful name. I didn't show the happiness of knowing her name and leaned on the sofa keeping a nonchalant face. I slowly swiped my drink.

"I can arrange you  a night with her".

He said keeping a smirk on his face. His words made me furious.

"What are you talking about," I asked non-emotionally.

"Well now she is with me. If you want I can send her to you. After all we are old friends right. I must say she is a great fuck". He sipped his drink.

I'm blazing fire at this point. His words about her made me furious. She is with him?

His mistress?

I couldn't digest the newly got information. Why I am so affected by it? I barely know her. But she already made a place in my heart. I grabbed the drink on the table and gulped it in one go and went from there. The thought of her sleeping with him is haunting me.

DEV failed to notice a smirk of victory on Karan's face. Karan gave a thumbs-up to the waiter who had previously served Dev his drink.