A Trip To Quesadilla

Author's note: Had to finish this on my new phone. My autocorrect is just a baby and is learning. So if there are any mistakes at the end of the chapter, blame her. If there are mistakes at the beginning, just blame me. Lol

Also this is a sequel!!! Ya better have read the description. If not, get your ass back there and make sure you know what's going on.

TW// religious trauma/negative mentions of religion

"For the record, I didn't say you couldn't." Bad's mother put a wet plate into the drying rack. "I know you and Tina have been getting very close and I know you're about to start a new journey." She put another plate on the rack. "But I think we both know why I'm hesitant."

Bad wasn't shocked by his mother anymore. She had been thinking Tina was his girlfriend for years now. It got to he point that Tina gave him permission to say he was dating her, if he needed to. Thankfully Bad had not had to use Tina as a shield for Skeppy yet.

"Mom, it's not just me and Tina. There will be other people there."

"Yes, who is it again?"

"Well...I know she's inviting Foolish."

Bad's mom smiled. "Oh I like that boy." She proved that some religious folks thought pretty white people were less likely to be secret sinners. "He's a charming young man. But who else?"

"I think Tina is inviting her girl friends."

"I don't know...all those boys and girls mixing."

"You let me go to camp." Bad reminded her gently.

"That's different, that was with a bunch of counselors keeping an eye on you." She said ironically. "But this...I don't know."

"Mom..." Bad put his hands together. "Don't you trust the Lord to protect me?" He was an expert at saying the right things. His mother was easy to please if you knew what to say. "I'll be going to university on the island soon anyway, I should get used to it now before school."

"Of course I trust the lord." She looked up as if God was glaring down at her. "I trust him, but the devil–"

"The devil cannot touch someone in touch with the word of God."

"He can."

"The enemy can't win if I know what to expect, and I stay one step ahead." Bad forced a genuine smile.

"Well...I do trust you." His mother looked at his black band T-shirt. She was about to mention it, ask him about what he's listening to. Then he spoke again.

"You know...after university I'd like to get married and start a family. Maybe this trip is how I meet my wife." Bad's mother like most, loved the idea of grandchildren.

"Oh...I'll call Tina's parents and make sure everything's all set. But please make sure to do your Bible study everyday before the trip, armor yourself with Christ."

"I will." Bad headed up to his room and grabbed his phone.

Skebby 😘

Bad: I think I've got it under control!

Skeppy: ur going?

Bad: I think so!

Skeppy: Good! It be awkward if I went without you 😭😂

Bad: Tina would let ya

Skeppy: I don't wanna watch Tina n Bagi kissing while ur miles away from me 😔

Bad: Baby needs his kisses 🥺