The Waiting Room

Cellbit paced around in the foyer, chewing lightly on his thumb.

"It's probably nothing super serious." Foolish said, blessed with the ability to be blissfully ignorant.

"Heart is like the most important organ, dumbass." Charlie nudged his shoulder. "Read the room."

"That's ironic coming from you." Foolish grumbled.

"How are they going to fucking get him down the stairs. This castle isn't very paramedic accessible." Cellbit looked out the window.

"They'll figure it out..." Valerie reassured him quietly. Both her and Étoiles were being rather quiet, as they were alerted to Skeppy's situation while in an awkward position.

"I'm going to see if Mariana got lost." Charlie said and headed towards the back entrance to the garden.

Roier entered the foyer, phone still in his hand. "They are five minutes away."

"Is he doing okay?" Cellbit turned around.

"Uh..." Roier just shrugged. "I don't know, I don't know these things."

Bad stayed by Skeppy's side, obviously. Encouraging him to breathe slowly and stay focused.

"It hurts." Skeppy whined out while holding Bad's hands. He was breathing in restricted huffs. His chest felt like it was trying to squeeze him to death like a snake.

"I know, I know." Bad was freezing cold and sweating as he held Skeppy's hand. He had never seen a loved one go through a medical emergency before. He was calmer than he thought he'd be, maybe he did have it in him to be a doctor after all.

"Hmn–ah!" Skeppy yelped at a sharp electric pain spreading from his chest to his limbs.

"They are almost here, darling. Keep breathing with me, and it'll be okay." Bad noticed Skeppy's phone on the bed next to him and picked it up, slipping it into his own pocket. He wanted it so he could figure out the contacts for Skeppy's family. He wouldn't invade normally, but this was a understandable situation.

🏥🏥🏥

Tina and Bagi arrived outside of the hospital at exactly the same time as everyone else. Just in time to watch the ambulance park by the emergency entrance.

Tina ran and hugged Bad as soon as she saw the lost look on his face. "How is he?"

Bad squeezed Tina and didn't even flinch when Foolish awkwardly joined the hug. Dispite all the chaos between them it just seemed natural for them to be close in a crisis like this.

"I think it's really serious." Bad put his face against Tina's shoulder. "I need to let his family know. I have his phone..."

"Want me to do it?" Tina offered.

"I should..." Bad might be pretentious in thinking this, but he thought if someone had to invade Skeppy's phone, it should be him. "I'll be okay." Bad sniffed and pulled out the phone. "Crap, it's 2:00 AM. How can I call them?"

"There son is in the hospital, just call his fucking parents." Foolish softened his tone, not meaning to sound that harsh. "Just open his phone and get his mom or dad's number and hand me the phone. I'm good under pressure. I'll talk to them."

"Okay..." Bad opened Skeppy's phone without needing a password. He opened his contacts and pressed 'mama 💖'