Heated Tension

"I wanna live here." Skeppy breathed in the salty beach air. Bad was walking behind him, applying a thick helping of sunscreen. "You don't need all that, it's the evening. The sun is setting."

"I do still need it. You do too." Bad rubbed some of the leftover sunscreen from his hand onto Skeppy's arm.

"Ew!" Skeppy rubbed in the cream. "I have my own."

"Well you should of put it on." Bad rubbed more onto Skeppy's other arm.

"Hey! You're going to make me look grey!"

"It's just sunscreen, ya baby."

"Yeah but I use a specific kind that doesn't leave a white cast. If not, I look fucking dead."

"Oh..." Bad stopped. "I never thought of that. You can't use regular sunscreen?"

"Nah, a lot of it just makes my skin look grey."

"Oh, the more you know." Bad held Skeppy's hand. "Well tomorrow put your sunscreen on or you'll have no choice but to be grey."

"You scared of the sun?" Skeppy teased.

"I don't want skin cancer, and I know you don't either."

"I'm kidding, I get it. Bad I take good care of my skin."

"I know you do. It's always so shiny." Bad touched his cheek. "I wish my skin was that nice."

"I can help you." Skeppy offered. "I'll show you how to take care of your skin."

"I don't think any amount of product will make me look as good as you."

"It's not about looking good. It's about being healthy and feeling good."

Bad leaned on Skeppy. "You should be a motivational speaker."

"Nah, definitely not what I want to do with my life..."

"You have any idea what you want to do now that you've graduated?"

"Live?"

"You are living, silly."

"Yeah but I just want to live. My health will probably decline when I hit middle-age... I'm not going to have as much time as everyone else."

Bad stopped, and he was fairly certain the rest of the world stopped moving too. Skeppy said it so causally, like he had known it for awhile. "Don't say that, S'geppy."

"Why? I don't mind, everybody gotta die."

"But I mind." Bad nudged him. "Come on...let's catch-up with the others..."

🌸🌸🌸

Bad watched Bagi pick Tina up and dip her in the ocean. It was an enchanting scene illuminated by the setting sun. Bad started to picture Bagi picking Tina up at a beach reception. Then he started to wonder if they'd ever get married, if marriage had any value outside of religion.

"Hey." Skeppy noticed Bad was in his own little world. "Can you swim?"

"Oh, yeah. A bit. Can you?"

"I can but it's dangerous for me to go in the ocean. Swimming takes a lot more energy and strength than you think, especially with waves. Because I get fatigued easier than normal people, I could drown easier too."

"Aww, no. What if I held you in the water? So you reserve energy."

"I mean...could work?"