𝟸𝟸: 𝙽𝚘 𝙶𝚞𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎

* CONTENT WARNING: This chapter may include scenes of violence and child abuse. Proceed with caution.

A/N: I wrote two chapters but merged them cause I knew y'all wouldn't be active enough for me to hurry and post the second one. 🤣

Let's get it. 😈

• •

A month later...

Monday | 7:33 p.m.
December 6, 2021

𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝"And when you're done with the dishes I need you to wipe the counters down, mop the floor, take the trash out, and finish your homework before going to bed

𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝
"And when you're done with the dishes I need you to wipe the counters down, mop the floor, take the trash out, and finish your homework before going to bed. You have school tomorrow and you need to be up on time." Clint told a now 16-year-old Taraji as she stared at him, careful not to make any funny faces at all these orders he was barking. "Understand?"

"Yeah."

"Excuse me?"

"I mean, yes sir." Taraji quickly corrected herself.

Taraji's father had always been strict but since his encounter with Dymond a little over a year ago he'd become worse. He'd warned Taraji about staying away from Dymond and the last time she'd disobeyed him, he had to go to blows with the young man he'd thrown out of his home when he was 17. Clint felt like he hadn't been tough enough on Taraji because it seemed she didn't respect him enough not to follow his rules. He had to lay down the law even if that meant physically harming his only child to get her to see he meant business. She'd stopped visiting and communicating with Dymond because he'd see the bruises she struggled to hide most days. She also stayed away to avoid being disciplined and getting new bruises.

Clint exited the kitchen and went into the living room to watch television. Taraji rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to the plate she'd been scrubbing. It was the last one. After scrubbing it she rinsed and dried it before placing it in the cabinet where the others were. She let the water out of the sink and wrung the towel out before hanging it over the sink to let it dry. Her father would just collect it later to wash it or have her do it.