[Edited] Chapter 32

The sunlight shone through the cherry blossom trees, casting dappled light and shadows. A slight breeze swirled the cherry blossom petals, which gently floated down, occasionally landing on Tang Tang's legs, hair, cheeks, and red lips. Lying on the green grass, Tang Tang was on the verge of falling asleep in this comfortable environment.

"Tang Tang, I've finished making the lanterns and lotus lamps. Come and see," Qi Tian called out.

Tang Tang immediately woke up and opened her eyes to find Qi Tian's face close to hers, causing her heart to race. Before she could calm down, Qi Tian's hand reached out and touched her lips.

"Tang Tang, were you planning to eat cherry blossoms in your sleep?" Qi Tian asked, gently removing a cherry blossom petal from her lips.

"You little rascal," Tang Tang chided playfully. "I told you to call me 'sister' at least once."

As she reached out to take the cherry blossom petal from Qi Tian's hand, he quickly withdrew his hand, turned his back, and changed the subject. "Tang Tang, come see if the lanterns I made are good."

Tang Tang's attention was immediately diverted. Meanwhile, Qi Tian looked at the cherry blossom petal in his hand. As a slight breeze threatened to blow it away, he suddenly squeezed it, thought for a moment, then lowered his head, smiled, and swallowed the petal.

Tang Tang watched in shock as Qi Tian showed her eleven white spherical lanterns. Ten were the same size, and one was twice as large as the others. Additionally, there were dozens of colorful and beautifully crafted lotus lanterns, even better than the ones she had seen in the video.

She happily rubbed Qi Tian's head and praised him without hesitation, "Qi Tian, you are amazing!"

Tang Tang exclaimed inwardly, "Ah! I accidentally touched his ears. They're so soft, so smooth. I want to keep touching them. Oh my God, how can they be so cute?"

Although her heart screamed with excitement, Tang Tang remained calm on the outside, like a seasoned pro. She took out a paint pen and said, "Qi Tian, I need to draw on the lanterns next. Do you want to try it together?"

"What are you going to draw?" he asked.

"I plan to add some funny souls to the snacks in the store and draw them as cute cartoon characters."

"You really have some great ideas, Tang Tang," Qi Tian said sincerely.

"Haha, my drawing skills are more on the cute and lovely side. I can only draw simple cartoons. Let's see... Fragrant Beauty Instant Noodles, Gummy Sister Cake, Intellectual Beauty Bread with Shihua, Hot Royal Sister Spicy Marinade, Fresh School Flower Soda, Sunny Cute Brother Potato Chips/Shrimp Sticks, Ice and Snow Beauty Ice Cream..."

Tang Tang's cartoon snack characters looked adorable with various vivid expressions and poses, transforming the white spherical lanterns into charming ones with colorful cartoon characters.

Satisfied with her work, she turned to see what Qi Tian had drawn, and she was stunned for half a minute.

Qi Tian had drawn only one painting on the largest spherical lantern. It depicted a sleeping girl lying under a cherry blossom tree in a pure white knee-length dress. The girl's hair was lazily spread out, with a few cherry blossom petals caught in it. Her face was half-covered by cherry blossom branches, giving her an ethereal, hazy look. Her snow-white skin contrasted beautifully with the pink cherry blossoms, black hair, and green grass. The scene was dreamy, and the girl looked like a fairy in slumber.

Tang Tang instantly recognized the girl in the painting as herself. Her heart was filled with complex emotions—both awe at Qi Tian's superb painting skills at such a young age and wonder at seeing herself depicted so beautifully for the first time.

Tang Tang's happiness was bubbling over as she looked at Qi Tian's painting. He put down his brush and turned to her, catching her staring at his work. His lips curled into a small smile, which he quickly hid, asking with a calm voice, "How is it, Tang Tang? Is it eye-catching?"

"Oh, are geniuses always so modest?" Tang Tang teased, intending to boost his confidence. She noticed his ears turning red and his tail wagging in anticipation of praise. "Hmm, let's see..." She dragged out her words, pretending to be in deep thought. "Well, it's... very, very good! Exceptionally well done!"

"By the way, I have an idea, Tian Tian. You should add yourself to this lantern. We can hang it up as a family."

"F-family?" Qi Tian stammered, his face and ears burning even brighter.

"Of course! Don't you want to be my brother?" Tang Tang asked, suddenly feeling a bit sad. She had grown to love Qi Tian like a younger brother, but she worried he might not feel the same way.

"I do want to be a family," Qi Tian affirmed, his voice strong despite his blush.

"That's great! Draw yourself, Tian Tian. We'll complete this family painting together."

"I think you should draw me, Tang Tang. You draw better than I do, and it will make the family painting more complete."

"Well, it won't look as good as your part, but a family should finish the painting together." Tang Tang smiled warmly and started drawing.

As she drew, Qi Tian watched her, trying to calm his racing heart. His emotions were in turmoil; he loved the idea of being a family with Tang Tang but felt a strange dissatisfaction with just being her younger brother. He pondered if he wanted to be something more, someone who could protect and support her.

When the painting was finished, it showed Tang Tang and Qi Tian together under the cherry blossom tree, a perfect depiction of their bond. Tang Tang looked at it with joy and pride, feeling a deep connection with Qi Tian.

"This is perfect, Tian Tian," she said, hugging him tightly.

Qi Tian hugged her back, feeling content yet longing for something he couldn't quite name. But for now, being part of Tang Tang's family was enough, and he vowed to always be there for her.