[Edited] Chapter 52

Author: The wind is too late

The freshmen who were dissatisfied with Li Xingran calmed down when they heard this, and listened carefully to her next words with their ears pricked up.

"I heard that the leader of the new students of the Imperial Military Academy this time is Wu Shanghao. If we defeat him, we will be famous," Li Xingran continued.

Suddenly, all the freshmen's eyes lit up. They imagined the scene of defeating Wu Shanghao, feeling the rush of excitement and determination. They were eager to start the competition, not considering the difficulty of actually defeating Wu Shanghao.

Li Xingran's desire to defeat Wu Shanghao was no less than any freshman's. She not only wanted to make a name for herself but also believed that defeating a prodigy like Wu Shanghao would surely grab his attention.

As she indulged in these thoughts, a black-feathered crow flew over her head and dropped a clump of poop right on her. Li Xingran's face turned green as she stood there, stunned. Then, another crow flew over, seemed to notice the poop, flew back a bit, and dropped another piece of poop right next to the first one.

The crows seemed to be using Li Xingran's head as their personal toilet. The surrounding freshmen couldn't hold back their laughter any longer.

"Ha! Hahaha..." The laughter echoed around her.

Li Xingran's face turned dark with anger. Trying to control her temper, she diverted their attention, "What's so funny? If you don't get moving, the Imperial Military Academy will win, and you'll be the ones crying."

The freshmen's smiles froze instantly, and they immediately set off. Li Xingran, walking at the back, took out a tissue and cleaned the mess off her head.

Li Xingran's luck was particularly bad. Black-feathered crows only poop once a year, and it just had to happen on her head.

-----------------

Meanwhile, on the side of the freshmen of the Imperial Military Academy, the atmosphere was quite different. They were all convinced by Wu Shanghao and respected him wholeheartedly.

The freshmen gathered around Wu Shanghao, chatting and eating snacks together. One of them, familiar with Wu Shanghao, asked, "Shanghao, what kind of girl do you like?"

"Good looks," Wu Shanghao replied nonchalantly.

"Of course, but I mean personality-wise. Would you be interested in a strong girl, someone who could defeat you?" the person continued.

"I doubt I'd be interested in someone like my brother," Wu Shanghao said casually. "Besides, defeat me? Impossible. No one in this world can defeat me except my brother."

"You kid, why are you so interested in my brother's feelings?" Wu Shanghao teased. "Do you fancy my brother?"

"Ugh! No way, you're too narcissistic," the man exaggeratedly vomited, then secretly turned to look at the girls, shaking his head helplessly.

The girls also shook their heads, picking at their snacks absentmindedly. They decided to give up on this man with no love nerves, and from now on, snacks would be their favorite.

"Hey, there are two black-feathered crows eating the bones of my leftover spicy duck neck and spicy duck wings," a girl suddenly exclaimed.

"Whatever, let them eat. They're just bones," someone replied indifferently.

"But I've learned that black-feathered crows, although they only poop once a year, will have diarrhea if they eat chili. These duck necks and wings have chili! And you know how bad their poop smells—"

Before the girl could finish, all the freshmen stood up. Wu Shanghao said, "We don't care much about this competition, but it's better to win than lose. Let's go now."

All the freshmen hurriedly left with him, their messy pace betraying their desire to escape quickly.

-----------------

One part of the competition required picking crystal honey from giant bees the size of a child's fist, with sharp, cold-looking stingers that could inflict a lot of pain and leave a big welt.

Li Xingran and the freshmen managed to lure away a nest of crystal bees. After a girl successfully took the honeycomb, a group of bees suddenly appeared, scaring her.

But instead of attacking the girl, the bees turned and chased after Li Xingran. Since mechas were not allowed in this game, they had all been taken away.

In a panic, Li Xingran sprinted away, shouting, "Run! Get the honey back to the base!" The freshmen dashed off, carrying the precious honeycomb, while Li Xingran tried to outrun the angry bees.