[Edited] Chapter 23

Tang Tang sat on a marble platform more than half a meter high around the fountain pool, listening to the sound of the water, and beckoned to Qi Tian. "Come and sit."

Qi Tian paused for three seconds, then sat next to Tang Tang. "Why not sit on a chair?"

Tang Candy stretched her long legs and replied, "Sitting on the platform is more interesting than a chair."

"Okay," Qi Tian said, trying to relax his body.

If the adjutant general were here, he would be amazed to see the marshal relaxing. Qi Tian was always either standing upright or sitting properly in a chair, never sitting on the floor.

After a while, a large yellow dog strolled past the fence.

Tang Tang immediately stood up excitedly and shouted, "Come here, I'm here, here."

The big yellow dog glanced at her a few times, tilted its head, and ignored her. Tang Tang then took out a fragrant chicken bone, and the dog immediately stared at it.

Tang ran over and fed the dog the chicken bone through the fence.

The big yellow dog was a pastoral dog, a stray dog. Tang Tang had noticed it the day after arriving in Homesick City. There had been a similar big yellow dog at the orphanage, so it felt familiar to her.

She was surprised to find stray dogs in the interstellar era, but after asking Grandma Zhang, she learned that today's stray dogs were taken care of by the state. Every city in the empire had established bases for stray dogs and cats.

Robots at the base provided them with food and a pool for bathing. The animals didn't have to worry about food and shelter and were kept clean every day.

Tang squatted down and greeted the big yellow dog. "Hello, big yellow, my name is Tang Candy."

The big yellow dog seemed to think, "This is quite delicious, but it's a little less."

"Big yellow, let's be friends," Tang Candy said, extending her hand.

The dog looked at her in horror, as if thinking, "This human is trying to take advantage of me. I must guard my heart for my beloved little flower."

Tang immediately withdrew her hand, gritting her teeth. "I'm still afraid that you will take advantage of me."

The dog looked up at the sky at a melancholic 45° angle, seemingly thinking, "I'm so handsome and dashing. Why doesn't Xiaohua like me?"

Tang helplessly supported her forehead, waved her hand, and said, "Forget it, you can go."

The big yellow dog immediately ran away as if it understood her.

[This is really intentional jī with duck ah! The non-chief lottery item is really non-chief, but being able to understand the dog's words is also a magical skill] Tang Tang thought. She was about to get up, and when she looked up, she found Qi Tian bending down to look at her.

He was very close, the tip of her nose just a centimeter away from his. She suddenly raised her head and found herself staring into his beautiful face, especially his silver-gray eyes. At first cold and guarded, now they were full of smiles with a trace of tenderness.

Tang Tang was stunned for a moment before standing up and laughing. "Do you want to know if I can talk to the big huáng?"

"Yes?" Qi Tian's eyes seemed to be startled, and he asked subconsciously before regaining his senses.

"Nothing, it's late. Let's take a shower and go to bed." Tang Tang suddenly felt sleepy and found the topic boring. She closed the iron door and the shop door, then went back to her room.

[Ding, mission completed, new items unlocked.]

[Ding, Mission 2 completed, the game dry land has been upgraded.]

Tang had just finished her bath when she received the notification that the mission was completed. Judging by the time it took, she guessed that customers who were shopping online had received their goods and the turnover was now counted. It must have been a large order to complete the task so quickly.

In the barracks, the adjutant general stood on the podium, which was decorated with snacks from Don's candy shop. Eight hundred soldiers stood neatly below.

The adjutant general said loudly, "This is a gift from the marshal to you."

"Yes!" "No way." "The marshal gives gifts?"

Although each soldier could face the fiercest enemy and the most dangerous environments without flinching, the news that the marshal was giving them gifts made everyone exclaim.

The adjutant general understood their excitement. He had been even more surprised when the marshal used emergency contact for the first time. He had thought it was a major crisis, only to find out it was about ordering a thousand portions of food for the soldiers from a small shop. He did not reprimand the soldiers for forgetting discipline and shouted, "Be quiet."

Silence fell instantly. The adjutant general continued, "You are the eight hundred elite soldiers selected for your excellence, with training at least ten times more rigorous than usual soldiers. The marshal always remembers your dedication and specially bought gifts to comfort you."

"Serving the marshal, enduring hardship and toil!" Suddenly, a soldier burst into tears and shouted with excitement.

One by one, other soldiers shouted in agreement until finally, all eight hundred elite soldiers shouted in unison, "Serving the marshal, enduring hardship and toil!"

The adjutant smiled with relief. Once all the soldiers had received their gifts, he returned to his quarters to try the food the marshal had ordered.

"The adjutant general was really obsessed with the marshal, even thinking of helping the marshal buy gifts for the soldiers to win people's hearts. It's a pity that the marshal can conquer all of us by strength. I don't know if the marshal will dislike you for being clever," a hard-looking, handsome man suddenly leaned close to the adjutant general's ear and said.

The adjutant general glared at him. "It's not about winning hearts. The marshal genuinely cares about the soldiers."

The handsome man chuckled. "Sure, sure. Just don't let the marshal think you're trying to be too clever."

"That's enough," the adjutant general snapped, but there was a small smile on his face. "Get back to your duties."

"Yes, sir," the man replied, still grinning as he moved away.