[Edited] Chapter 42

Author: The wind is too late

After reading it, almost everyone placed orders at the Sugar Candy convenience store, determined to out-buy their counterparts at the comprehensive universities. Curiosity also played a role; they wanted to see if the snacks were really as delicious as described.

Students in the dormitories near Wu Shanghao's couldn't help but comment on the post:

"I knew it! I've been smelling something delicious for a while now. Turns out they were actually eating snacks."

"I smelled it too. It woke me up in the middle of the night. I thought some animal was spraying perfume in the dorm, but it was Wu Shanghao and his roommates eating snacks at midnight."

"I'm even closer to Wu Shanghao's dorm. They eat not only at night but also in the morning, noon, and afternoon. My roommates and I have been driven crazy by the smell. Thanks to the comprehensive university, I now know where to buy snacks."

Wu Shanghao touched his chin and smiled at the complaints from his neighboring dorm mates. "Were we really that obvious?"

His roommate, seeing the smug look on Wu Shanghao's face, shook his head and ignored him.

Just as the Imperial Comprehensive University forum had students from the Imperial Military Academy spying on them, the reverse was also true. Students from the Imperial Comprehensive University saw Wu Shanghao's posts and were overjoyed, as if they'd won the lottery.

They quickly shared the posts on their own forums, and students at the comprehensive university celebrated, hugging each other and shouting with excitement, regardless of any previous grudges.

Some students started shouting, "Look at the Imperial Military Academy guys calling us show-offs. Today, we'll buy more snacks than them and show them what we're made of."

"Yeah, we need to buy more and eat more than they can. Let's make them jealous."

"Let's steal their girlfriends!"

"Steal their girlfriends!" Many girls shouted louder than the boys.

The Imperial Military Academy and the Imperial Comprehensive University were both prestigious universities in the Empire.

The Imperial Military Academy only had departments for mecha, combat, and command, and it only accepted students of double A-level and above, including the children of nobles or meritorious families. All of them were the cream of the crop.

Imperial Comprehensive University had a wide variety of departments and accepted students of double C-level and above. Those with enough money could enroll even if they didn't meet the level requirements. The school waived tuition for students of S-level and above.

The student body at Imperial Comprehensive University was diverse, and there was always a rivalry with the Imperial Military Academy. Even though most comprehensive university students felt a bit inferior to their military academy counterparts, knowing they had achieved something over them, no matter how small, was enough to drive them wild with excitement.

So, students from both schools kept buying snacks, competing with each other. Meanwhile, Tang Tang's half-sister, Li Xingran, had been training hard in the mecha room to catch Wu Shanghao's attention at the upcoming mecha competition. When she returned to her dorm, she finally heard about the situation.

Her roommates filled her in, and when she heard "Sugar Candy convenience store," her ears perked up. She checked the posts with a gloomy expression, realizing the store belonged to Tang Tang.

Seeing Wu Shanghao praise the store infuriated her. She immediately contacted someone on the black market to break Tang Tang's leg, ensuring she could never stand up again. She wanted to make sure Tang Tang knew who was behind it.

Then, she posted a status update on her social media:

"Some people, even after being kicked out of the house, just won't stay down. This time, let's see you crawl back into your shell with a broken leg."

Li Xingran wasn't afraid of Tang Tang seeing this. She enjoyed flaunting her actions, making her victim grind their teeth in frustration.

---------------------

Tang Tang, having checked the forums of both universities, was almost certain Li Xingran was behind the attack on her. To be sure, she opened her rarely used social media app and checked Li Xingran's updates. Sure enough, it was her. This was Li Xingran's style: doing bad things and proudly showing off, making the victim feel helpless.

Fortunately, Tang Tang had seen a surge in orders on the Star Network recently and had stocked up on snacks. She could deliver the goods and complete her system task. Otherwise, it would have been really dangerous.

She had been taking things one step at a time. Although she wanted to reclaim her family business, she also wanted to enjoy life. She hadn't expected her half-sister to be so intolerant of her success, hurting the person closest to her in the world. This was unforgivable.

Cough.

Tang Tang heard a small cough and looked up in surprise. Qi Tian had woken up and was struggling to sit up. She immediately helped him gently, placing a soft pillow behind his back.

"Do you want some water?" Tang Tang asked softly.

Qi Tian didn't answer. He just looked at her deeply, as if trying to memorize her face.

Their gazes met, and Tang Tang suddenly felt a bit flustered.