[Edited] Chapter 50

Author: The wind is too late

Tang Tang realized from Yang Xingli's casual tone just how tough life was for the Banshòu people. She was curious about how Qi Tian's life could be so different from theirs and how they managed to get along. Without dwelling on it too much, Tang Tang decided to make sure they were well taken care of. "Alright," she said, "don't just settle for one bottle of strawberry-flavored nutrient solution a day. I can provide ten bottles a day if you need it. But do you want anything else from the store, like snacks?"

Yang Xingli, who had been quick to reply, said without hesitation, "Just the strawberry-flavored nutrient solution, and I also want this fried ham sausage."

"Believe it or not, in a few minutes, you'll change your mind and decide not to have the strawberry-flavored nutrient solution," Tang Tang teased him.

Before she could continue her playful banter, she felt a soft and affectionate rub on her shoulder. It was the blessing, its eyes fixed longingly on the fried ham sausage.

Though Tang Tang had never had a cat and wasn't sure if it could eat the ham sausage, she remembered that the blessing was a system-generated cat with magical abilities. If it wanted to eat, it probably could.

She handed the blessing to Cao Hai for care and to help feed it, then hurried to the backyard to ask Xiaotong, "Can the blessing eat fried ham sausage?"

【Yes, it can eat whatever you can.】

Relieved, Tang Tang went to room two where the self-heating hot pot packages she ordered had arrived. She took the package out and placed it in the room. Then, she took out the orange huáng-colored jellyfish robot, which had a transparent blue jellyfish with a meter-wide diameter. The orange huáng-colored jellyfish had ten tentacles, while the blue one had twenty.

Tang Tang set up the orange huáng-colored jellyfish, entered the instructions for packing the self-heating hot pot, and clicked start. The jellyfish robot promptly extracted the vegetable packet and spicy fat beef packet from the food conveyor belt, along with the red oil base package from the hot pot base machine, and packed them into the self-heating hot pot package.

Next, she went to the sausage machine. The transparent blue jellyfish had made a lot of hot dogs, five per pack. She checked the light brain to confirm the customized sausage grill delivery.

Returning to the store with a pack of hot dogs, she found Cao Hai, Yang Xingli, and the blessing sitting around enjoying the fried ham sausages. Cao Hai had ten bamboo skewers in front of him, Yang Xingli had twelve, and to Tang Tang's surprise, Xiao Fuqi had twenty bamboo skewers in front of it.

Cao Hai and Yang Xingli continued frying ham sausages with impressive skill, but Tang Tang knew that no matter how delicious they were, they couldn't justify endless eating.

She cleared her throat and said, "Are you just eating this? Aren't there other foods you want to try?"

Both Cao Hai and Yang Xingli turned to look at her. Yang Xingli immediately covered his pockets and looked at her warily. "I don't have any money. I can't afford it."

Tang Tang gave him a helpless look. As an excellent employee, snacks in the store were free. With a playful and provocative tone, she said, "Just Yang Xingli, can you become an excellent employee?"

Yang Xingli, with an unusually animated expression, sang passionately: "Ah! Who is the best half-shòu in this empire?"

He turned his face to the side and sang in a deep voice, "It's Yang Xingli!"

He turned his face again, singing even more fervently, "Ah! Who is the most critical person in this empire?"

In the same deep voice, he sang, "Still Yang Xingli!"

With increasing fervor, he sang, "Who is this excellent employee?"

The deep voice proclaimed, "Of course it's Yang Xingli!"

After finishing his performance, Yang Xingli winked at Tang Tang.

Tang Tang held her forehead helplessly and waved her hand. "Go ahead and eat. It's all free."

As Yang Xingli was about to grab a pack of snacks, Tang Tang suddenly called out, "Wait!"

Yang Xingli, startled, turned to her with a frown. "What now? Are you not letting us eat after all?"

"No, of course, you can eat," Tang Tang said with a smile. "To celebrate your arrival, we'll have hot pot tonight. It's a rare delicacy and much better than fried ham sausage. So you better save some room."

However, they could try the grilled sausages first. Tang Tang set up the sausage grill on the right side of the cash register, charged it, and placed five hot dogs on the grill's roller.

While waiting for the hot dogs to cook, she contacted the renovation company to finalize the placement of the koi pond. Soon, the hot dogs were grilled to perfection, bursting open and filling the air with a mouthwatering aroma.

4o mini