[Edited] Chapter 21

"Refrigerate for an hour. "Tang Tang's gaze was completely captured by Qi Tian's unconsciously wagging tail. "Interested?"

Tang Candy: I really want to touch it, I want to touch it, why is that tail so cute.

Qi Tian: Well, watching the steps you did is quite troublesome, but thinking about the taste is good.

Tang Candy: You'll know when it's done, but we'll have a big meal tonight.

Qi Tian: And what about noon?

Tang Candy: Then we'll eat snacks from the store.

Tang Candy: What do you want to eat? I'll get it for you.

Qi Tian: I want ten packs of spicy duck neck and a bottle of ice-cold cola.

Meanwhile, Wu Shanghao received all the snacks from the store except milk tea, each with three servings. In the interstellar world, there's a special cold box that can preserve food for ten days. The material is low-cost and recyclable, specifically designed for cold items, and Tang Candy uses it to store ice cream.

Wu Shanghao was amazed, especially enjoying the braised beef cup noodles step by step. When the instant noodles were ready, he took out a milk ice cream and tried it. The cold and sweet milk flavor instantly dissipated the heat from his training, leaving him wondering what kind of magical food it was.

As he enjoyed his meal, the three animals returned to the dormitory.

Animal 1: What did you eat? Can I have a taste?

Animal 2: It smells so good. Where did you get it? I haven't tried anything like this before.

Animal 3: Is there a new store? The chef is incredible; I can't resist the aroma.

Wu Shanghao pushed them away, saying there were other snacks for them to try and to leave him some.

Excited, the three of them rummaged through the express box.

Animal 1: Try these potato chips; they're as delicious as the braised beef noodles.

Animal 2: This meat floss bread is amazing; the meat is so flavorful with a hint of sweetness.

Animal 3: The spicy duck neck is divine; it's spicy and delicious.

[E/N: I'm trying not to laugh at this part😂]

Wu Shanghao felt more and more distressed as he listened, especially when the three friends shamelessly ate almost everything, leaving him with just one snack.

A tall boy wrapped his arm around Wu Shanghao's neck, teasing him about eating so extravagantly.

Wu Shanghao, feeling the weight of his extravagance, confessed that he had spent all his money at the sugar candy convenience store and now only had 10 credits left.

The tall boy laughed, realizing the situation, and promised to buy Wu Shanghao ten more snacks.

...

Tang presented the refrigerated water letter cake, resembling an amber ball with a cherry blossom blooming in the middle. It looked more like art than food.

Qi Tian, curious, asked if it was edible.

Tang assured him it was, then prepared the Shuixin Xuan cake in a small bowl with black syrup and cooked huáng bean flour, offering it to Qi Tian to taste.

Qi Tian took a tentative bite, finding it soft and smooth with a hint of sweetness. He remarked that it was okay but not as delicious as it looked.

Tang agreed, noting that its appeal was mainly visual and cooling during summer. The crystal-clear water letter cake, reminiscent of eating flowers and honeydew, gave a delightful feeling like growing up as a little fairy, making one feel beautiful inside and out.

Qi Tian couldn't help but steal glances at Tang Candy several times, noticing how she ate instant noodles yet still looked like a fairy.

At six o'clock in the evening, Tang prepared dinner and set up a foldable table outside the store. She and Qi Tian brought out various dishes from the kitchen, including braised pork ribs, two large pots of spicy crayfish, stir-fried huáng melon, and chilled tomatoes.

With the sun about to set, a cool summer breeze, fresh air, the faint scent of cherry blossoms, the sound of a flowing fountain, women calling their children to eat outside the iron gate, and the laughter of children filled the air, creating a leisurely and lively atmosphere.

Tang savored the meal slowly and leisurely, enjoying every moment.

For Qi Tian, eating nutrient solution was mostly just a way to sustain life, and the food he used to eat no longer brought much sensation except for being more delicious than the nutrient solution.

However, when he ate the meal made by Tang Candy, he not only found relief from his intense hunger, but he also felt a special warmth in addition to the delicious flavors.

Sitting outside the shop, learning from Tang Candy to savor his food, listening to the conversations of neighbors near the iron gate, he began to grasp the essence of the special warmth infused in Tang Sugar's cooking— it was a taste of life itself.

Qi Tian realized that homesick people, especially Tang Candy and the Empire Lord Star, had entirely different perspectives. This was the first time he had been able to peacefully and joyfully connect with someone in such a manner.

Suddenly, a lobster with red claws appeared in his bowl, startling him out of his calm demeanor, and he exclaimed loudly: "Tang Candy!"

Tang smiled while enjoying her crayfish, unrepentant, and urged him to try: "Have one, they're really delicious, even better than sweet and sour ribs."

Qi Tian pushed his bowl away, shaking his head: "I don't eat bugs."