[Edited] Chapter 33

It didn't take long for Tang Tang to add Qi Tian to the lantern. She drew a cute chibi version of him, with three-headed proportions and a little cat sleeping next to Tang Tang's legs, making the scene adorable and warm.

"How about it? Isn't it super cute?" Tang Tang held up the lantern proudly in front of Qi Tian.

Qi Tian frowned slightly, puffed out his cheeks, and reluctantly said, "It's very good." But in his heart, he thought it looked too small and weak.

Tang Tang then put the red candle simulation lamp into the lantern. The red candle simulation lamp had a small light bulb at the top, which flickered like a real candle flame when turned on, even simulating the flame's movement in the wind.

Tang Tang pulled a rope diagonally to the left from the middle of the fence on the left side of the iron gate, moving it to the base of the street lamp of the cement wall and tying it there. The rope divided the fence and the cement wall into equilateral triangles.

She and Qi Tian hung the lanterns on the rope, first hanging the characters with food cartoons on both sides, and then hanging the large lantern depicting her and Qi Tian.

Although the lanterns didn't have real red candles during the day, the cute and vivid paintings made them beautiful decorations. Tang Tang couldn't wait to see how lovely they would look when lit up at night.

"What's the red line and wooden sign for?" Qi Tian asked, noticing the pile of red lines and small wooden cards under the cherry blossom tree that hadn't been used yet.

"I'm going to make a marriage tree similar to the ones on ancient Earth. You write the couple's names on the small wooden card and tie it to the cherry blossom tree with a red rope to celebrate their long-term happiness together," Tang Tang explained while tying a red rope to a branch.

"Although the cherry blossom tree isn't an authentic marriage tree, it sets the atmosphere."

--------------

"Little boss, what are you doing?" a customer asked.

Tang Tang turned her head to see a young man in his twenties with a beautiful woman standing hand in hand at the iron gate.

She recognized the man immediately and, with some surprise and joy, said, "It's you! It looks like you've reconciled with your girlfriend. Congratulations!"

She then handed them a red rope and a small wooden sign. "Today is Qixi, and I want to make a marriage tree. You can write your names on the small wooden sign and tie it to the tree with a red rope, wishing you a long and happy life together. Would you like to try?"

"That sounds interesting! I want to try," Su Yuan said eagerly before Zhou Wen could answer.

On this trip to Earth, their first stop was the homesick city's Sugar Candy Convenience Store.

Before entering, they were amazed by the beautiful and tall cherry blossom trees. Once inside the iron gate, they were captivated by the rows of cute lanterns, the beautiful trees adorned with colorful marshmallows, and trees with milky white milk fruits and pink apple milk leaf candy.

The fountain pool spewed crystal water droplets, and picnic cloths and barbecue grills were neatly arranged in the corners of the verdant green lawn next to it.

Especially enchanting was the sight of a very beautiful girl and an equally handsome boy tying a red rope on a cherry blossom branch together. The two looked particularly harmonious in that scene.

The whole store exuded a comfortable and warm ambiance, with a unique and inviting atmosphere. At just a glance, Su Yuan was charmed.

Tang Tang handed her the black paint pen.

"Thank you, pretty store manager. By the way, how much does this cost?" Su Yuan took the pen and asked.

"No charge," Tang Tang replied, smiling and waving her hand. "It's not worth much; it's just to add a festive atmosphere."

Su Yuan suddenly said seriously, "How can you not charge anything? Even if the small wooden card and the red rope aren't worth much, this tree is yours, and my red rope still takes up space. If you don't accept money, and others want to tie red ropes in the future, you won't be able to refuse them."

She was quite right. Tang Tang had planned to hang a dozen red ropes on the cherry blossom tree today to create an atmosphere. It looked beautiful without being cumbersome. However, if it was free, the nature of people liking to follow trends would mean neighbors and shop customers might also want to tie red ropes on the cherry blossom tree, which would completely ruin her quiet and beautiful napping place.

The store manager smiled, a bit apologetically. "No need to apologize. Your suggestion is very useful. I was just thinking about it, and I've come up with a good idea. I'm going to plant a real marriage tree, which will be chargeable."

She glanced at Su Yuan and apologized slightly, "I don't plan to tie the red rope to this cherry blossom tree. The newly planted tree will take several hours. Do you have time? If so, could you come in the afternoon? This time there will be no charge as a thank you for your suggestion."

Su Yuan smiled and said, "I have time. We're going to stay in the homesick city for a few days. The boss doesn't need to charge me anything; otherwise, my red rope won't feel right."

"Yes, I also want to thank the boss for your snacks that helped reconcile me and Yuanyuan. Charging for the red rope makes it more special," Zhou Wen added.

Zhou Wen and Su Yuan bought a lot of snacks and then left. Tang Tang called the construction master in the homesick city, and soon, two workers arrived.

-------------------

The fountain pool sparkled in the sunlight, and picnic cloths and barbecue grills were neatly arranged in the corners of the verdant green lawn nearby. As Su Yuan entered the store, she noticed a very beautiful girl and an equally handsome boy tying a red rope to a cherry blossom branch together, looking especially harmonious.

The store was filled with a cozy, warm atmosphere, brimming with a unique life vibe. At just one glance, Su Yuan found herself liking the place immensely.

Tang Tang handed Su Yuan a black paint pen.

"Thank you, pretty store manager. By the way, how much does this cost?" Su Yuan asked as she took the pen.

"No charge," Tang Tang replied with a smile, waving her hand dismissively. "It's not worth much; it's just for the festive atmosphere."

Su Yuan suddenly turned serious. "How can you not charge anything? Even if the small wooden card and the red rope aren't worth much, this tree is yours, and my red rope still takes up space. If you don't charge, and others want to tie red ropes in the future, it will put you in a difficult position."

She had a point. Tang Tang had planned to hang a dozen red ropes on the cherry blossom tree today to create an atmosphere. While it would look beautiful and not cumbersome, if it was free, the natural tendency of people to follow trends might lead neighbors and shop customers to also want to tie red ropes on the cherry blossom tree, which would completely ruin her peaceful and beautiful napping spot.

The store manager smiled apologetically. "No need to apologize; your suggestion is very useful. I was just thinking about it, and I've come up with a good idea. I'll plant a real marriage tree, which will be chargeable."

She glanced at Su Yuan and apologized slightly. "I don't plan to tie the red rope to this cherry blossom tree. The newly planted tree will take several hours. Do you have time to come back in the afternoon? This time there's no charge as a thank you for your suggestion."

Su Yuan smiled. "I have time. We're staying in the homesick city for a few days. The boss doesn't need to charge me; otherwise, my red rope won't feel right."

"Yes, I also want to thank the boss for your snacks that helped reconcile me and Yuanyuan. Charging for the red rope will make it more special," Zhou Wen added.

Zhou Wen and Su Yuan bought a lot of snacks and then left. Tang Tang called the construction master in the homesick city, and soon, two workers arrived.