[Edited] Chapter 19

It seems like Tang Tang's live snack broadcast didn't quite hit the mark with some viewers. Despite her efforts to demonstrate the simplicity of making braised beef noodles, she received critical comments in the barrage.

[The anchor is crazy, messing with food just to get attention.]

[Are you naive? Cooking isn't that simple! Renowned chefs go through numerous steps to create expensive dishes loved by nobles.]

[How do you know so much? Have you tried it yourself?]

[I haven't tried it personally, but I've heard from someone reliable that it's true.]

[That explains why those dishes are so expensive and complicated.]

Although the comments were somewhat critical, they weren't outright hostile. One viewer named "I am Marshal His Brother" stood out by sending a reward of a thousand smelly eggs, with one egg equating to one credit. Despite the visually unappealing barrage of smelly eggs, Tang Tang would still receive half the credits.

"I am the marshal his younger brother" commented: [Anchor, you're charming, why not try something more upscale? I can gift you a spaceship prop for your live broadcasts, but if you stick to food, I'll keep sending smelly eggs.]

A spaceship prop was worth 10,000 credits. Tang Tang couldn't help but shake her head at this seemingly wealthy but eccentric viewer. If he hadn't mentioned the smelly eggs, she might have considered the spaceship gift, but she knew that stable sources of smelly eggs were anything but fragrant.

-

Imperial Military Academy's Comrade Tie Hanhan Wu Shanghao often tuned into Xingmin live broadcasts during lunch, particularly enjoying discovering new broadcasters and appreciating their training process. This time, he stumbled upon a peculiar newcomer's live broadcast.

Upon clicking on the stream, he was captivated by the anchor's flawless appearance; every facial feature seemed meticulously crafted, prompting Wu Shanghao's innate pickiness about appearances. Growing up receiving praises about his own looks, he had developed a somewhat arrogant nature. The only person whose appearance he acknowledged as good-looking besides himself was his cousin, a marshal.

Initially inclined to reward ten spaceships, Wu Shanghao's enthusiasm waned when he learned that the anchor was planning to cook. He disdainfully considered the anchor ignorant for choosing such a mundane topic for a live broadcast. He also activated the olfactory simulation, introducing a fishy odor that made him feel nauseous, rendering him unable to eat solid food for a month, relying solely on nutrient solutions.

Despite considering leaving the broadcast, Wu Shanghao's vanity, akin to a "Yan dog" attribute, made him reluctant to do so. In the end, he settled on rewarding a thousand smelly eggs, hoping that the anchor would eventually improve.

As Tang Candy lifted the lid of the cup noodles during the live broadcast, the overpowering aroma of braised beef filled the virtual space, shocking the audience into a temporary pause as if someone had hit the pause button. The barrage of comments exploded, reflecting the viewers' mixed reactions.

[Oh my God, what is this incredibly fragrant thing?]

[It's not just fragrant, it's excessively fragrant.]

[I've lived a long time, but I'm actually drooling.]

"I'm not alone; I also drooled, and I'm an adult old man."

"So, this is food? No wonder it's so expensive; just this fragrance alone is definitely worth it."

Wu Shanghao, astonished by the barrage of comments, thought to himself that in all his years of eating, he had never encountered such a uniquely potent and dominant aroma. As Tang Candy uncovered the dish, he held his breath in anticipation. Despite trying to resist the instant noodles' aroma, a faint hint still reached his senses.

Just that faint scent immediately eased his tension. Then, as the powerful aroma enveloped him, he felt like many years' worth of stress had been lifted, prompting him to happily reward a hundred spaceships.

"I am Marshal His Brother: [Sugar Candy anchor, I admit my mistake. Live broadcasting food is also enjoyable. Regardless of taste, just this aroma is incredibly enticing.]"

Tang Tang was stunned by the sudden influx of spaceships, feeling as if a dazzling display of fireworks had exploded before her eyes, with glittering spaceships falling one after another.

Simultaneously, the entire live broadcast platform announced: "I am Marshal His Brother rewarded 1 spaceship to anchor Sugar Candy Convenience Store."

"I'm Marshal His Younger Brother, have you discovered a new anchor?"

"The anchor he found last time is now ranked fifth. He initially rewarded ten spaceships, but this time, he gave a hundred. This anchor has unlimited potential."

"Let's not waste time; I'm going to check out this new anchor."

Despite the excitement and influx of viewers, Tang Tang remained composed, maintaining her calm demeanor during the live broadcast. She addressed Marshal His Brother's tip, explaining, "Thank you for Marshal His Brother's generous tip. I'm not just broadcasting food; I'm showcasing the art of food."

She twirled the noodles with her fork, bringing them closer to the camera to reveal their golden, glossy appearance, making viewers want to eat them just by looking.

"Let's taste it  *slurp*..." Tang Tang savored a bite of the noodles, relishing their full soup flavor. She then enjoyed another piece of beef, noting its tender texture, slight spiciness, lack of fishiness, and rich meaty aroma, which was thoroughly satisfying.

[E/N: should I leave her name 'Tang Candy' like in the original novel or just 'Tang' for short TwT]