[Edited] Chapter 38

Author: The wind is too late

Tang Candy's face stiffened at Yuanbao's comment. "Like a flower???!!!"

"Like a flower? That's still a beautiful compliment," said one of Yuanbao's friends. "Aren't you saying Sister Tang Candy is beautiful?"

"Hmph," Yuanbao replied, "Sister Tang Candy is beautiful like a flower, but she doesn't seem like a fairy anymore to me."

Realizing Tang Candy wasn't smiling, Yuanbao added, "But after tomorrow, Sister Tang Candy will still be as beautiful as a flower fairy to me."

"Why is she going to be a beautiful flower fairy tomorrow?" another friend asked.

"Because I can forget unpleasant things when I sleep," Yuanbao explained, peeking at Tang Candy again. Seeing her smile, he added, "But Sister Tang Candy, if you call me short again, I will be really angry."

Tang Candy, hiding behind Sister Zhao, smiled and rubbed Yuanbao's head. "I know, you are still young and growing. You aren't short now."

She then continued, "Next time you describe someone, especially if they're beautiful, just say they're like a flower, not like a flower. Otherwise, I won't be happy."

"Okay, I promise to remember that," Yuanbao said earnestly. Then he suddenly added, "But in Chinese class, I finally learned the character 'such as,' which is similar to 'like.' Using 'such as' is more advanced than 'like,' Sister Tang Candy. If you don't like it, that's really strange."

Not dwelling on the issue for too long, Sister Zhao suddenly mentioned, "Do you want to come with me tomorrow to visit a mountain I recently bought?"

"Sure, I haven't hung out much since I came here," Tang Candy agreed.

After making plans for the next day, it was getting late, and everyone headed home.

When Tang Candy returned to the store, the neighbors had dispersed. She caught a glimpse of Qi Tian looking at the marriage tree adorned with numerous red ropes. The peach blossom tree looked particularly beautiful under the glow of the red candle lotus lanterns and the eleven lanterns hanging in rows.

Tang Candy pulled Qi Tian inside with a playful grin. Once inside, they rested early.

Later that night, Qi Tian quietly returned to the peach blossom marriage tree. He looked up at the red ropes and small wooden signs hanging on the tree. After some time, he made a move. He wrote a few words on a small wooden sign, climbed up the tree quickly, and tied the red rope firmly at the top center of the tree.

Looking up at the red rope at the top, Qi Tian realized that he didn't want to be just Tang Candy's brother. He wanted to grow old with her.

Suddenly, Qi Tian felt a tingling pain. He watched as the small, beautiful half-beast form he had taken on transformed into a tall man.

The man had dark eyebrows and deep, silver-gray eyes that were indifferent. His high and straight nose, coupled with the warm yellow light illuminating his shallow, thin lips, did not add any warmth but revealed an aura of unapproachability.

Standing nearly one meter ninety tall, with broad shoulders, a narrow waist, and powerful long legs, the man exuded an air of abstinent allure, even in tattered and ill-fitting clothes and shoes.

Qi Tian's large, slender hands were silent for a while, but it wasn't long before the tall man transformed back into the small half-beast form.

It seemed his spiritual outburst was ending early. It used to take at least three months for him to return to normal after such a transformation, and another five days before he would be fully back to his normal self.

Back in his room, Qi Tian changed out of the tattered clothes and shoes that had been stretched by his larger form. He sat in silence for a long time before sending a message to his adjutant general.

Tang Candy woke up at five in the morning. She took out pork belly from the refrigerator, planning to make meat dumplings for their mountain trip with Sister Zhao and Qi Tian.

The first time Tang Candy ate meat dumplings was at a snack stall outside her school. She remembered finishing an exam in her third year of high school. That afternoon, she and her classmates had planned to visit a small hill near the school.

They looked at the various food stalls around the school gate and decided to try the meat dumplings.

Tang Candy didn't have to wait long at the stall. She received a piping hot meat dumpling. In the cold, windy weather, she took a bite. The slightly scorched yellow skin was crispy and fluffy inside, with a deliciously aromatic and slightly spicy filling.

Tang Candy immediately fell in love with the meat dumplings. She and her classmates enjoyed them while making their way to the small hill, about ten meters high.

The hillside facing them was sparse with weeds, but the opposite side was different. It wasn't just a hillside but a wide, large staircase.

Descending the stairs, they found several large flower beds, benches, and clean walkways. To the right was a path through a maple forest, where she and her classmates took beautiful and meaningful back photos while eating their meat dumplings.

In front of them was a large lake, surrounded by gently swaying willow trees. They walked along the path by the lake, taking photos and enjoying their food.

Suddenly, a grandfather appeared, walking a cute golden retriever. Tang Candy and her classmates couldn't help but express their delight for the adorable dog.