Chapter 5: Honesty

To be honest, Xie Jiaran's height just touched 180 centimeters, while Liang Sunian was even taller by almost half a head, so he had to look up when standing in front of Liang Sunian.

Someone who could win the title of campus heartthrob naturally had a striking appearance.

But compared to the perfectly proportioned facial features, what stood out more about Liang Sunian was his exceptionally distinctive facial structure, which gave his facial contours depth and prominence, a facial feature that was difficult for Easterners to possess but highly sought after.

His pupils were a bright amber color, with a hint of sternness between his brows. When he had no expression on his face, he seemed distant, but because he always lazily smiled, his beautiful and affectionate eyes erased that distance.

However, at this moment, the smile that had always hung on his lips disappeared. He glanced at him slightly, his brows lightly furrowed, and a hint of uncertainty and confusion flickered in his eyes: "What?"

Xie Jiaran was always known for being aloof from worldly affairs, and even giving him a glance felt like charity for his roommate. How could he say such a thing to him in the middle of the night?

Was the other person sleepwalking, or did he mishear because he was overheated?

While messages were still buzzing in the WeChat group, Liang Sunian felt like he was living in an unreal dream.

Xie Jiaran was driven by impulse to come over, standing in front of Liang Sunian. Before opening his mouth, he hesitated through countless rounds of mental debate. Only when he actually said it did he realize it wasn't as difficult as he had imagined.

He made up his mind, let go of his hand, and repeated his words in his usual cold voice. Despite trying to remain calm, he couldn't help but add a hint of self-deprecation:

"Can you... hug me?"

He decided to be frank.

The worst-case scenario was being rejected and seen as crazy.

As he waited, his gaze gradually lost focus, and the light in his eyes slowly dimmed. He almost felt like his soul was leaving his body as he thought about his retreat plan of changing dormitories. It was okay. If changing dorms failed, he would move out.

After all, he was in the Arts building, while Liang Sunian was in the Science building. Qing University was so big, they could graduate without ever meeting again.

The surroundings of the school weren't ideal for renting apartments, but it wasn't a big problem. It just meant living farther from the school, having difficulties with transportation, and inconveniences in getting to and from classes.

"How should I hug you?" Suddenly, Liang Sunian spoke, interrupting his thoughts that had already drifted into outer space. "Is this okay?"

Before Xie Jiaran could react, he was expertly clasped by the shoulders and waist by the other party and gently pulled into an embrace.

Liang Sunian's movements were very gentle, and there was a faint and refreshing scent of shower gel on his body, filling the air in an instant.

As their skin touched, it greatly relieved Xie Jiaran's discomfort and stirred up his longing. He craved this intimate touch, every inch of the other's skin, every degree of warmth on the skin, all tempting him.

When his cheek approached the side of Liang Sunian's neck, he hesitated for only half a second with the last of his rationality before unhesitatingly pressing against it. A faint electric current passed through the surface of their skin, causing Xie Jiaran to slightly raise his chin, closing his eyes in comfort.