Chapter 4 - Late

A/N sorry for the short chapters :\ tell me what you think tho ;) :D !!!!

   Taha slowly picked his way back across the glass-strewn room from the green front door and gave his 12 year old little sister a quick squeeze of encouragement before leading her up to their shared bedroom.

  Taha got some pajamas out of his drawer and took them into the bathroom to get ready for bed, leaving Lilla on her own in the small room. Lilla searched in her drawer for some pajamas but couldn't find any clean PJ's so she settled with a long T-shirt and some shorts. After Taha had brushed his teeth and went to the loo and got changed, he came back into the crowded bedroom in his standard red car top and grey PJ bottoms. They both climbed onto the mattress that they shared and Taha pulled the sheet and blanket over them as they rested their heads on the pillows.

  They both tried in vain to get some sleep throughout the long night, huddled up in the blanket together, shivering despite being warm enough.

  Eventually they got to sleep at 4 am in the morning, tired out with emotions and worry.

  They were rudely awakened by Taha's alarm at 7am, reminding them that they had to face school that morning on a mere 3 hours of sleep. Lilla groaned and rolled over on the squeaking mattress, taking the blanket and sheet with her. Taha pulled the rest of the covers off himself before heaving himself up off the old mattress and stumbling into the bathroom.

  After brushing his teeth and all that in the bathroom, Taha went back into the bedroom to find Lilla asleep again. Taha figured he'd let Lilla sleep for a little while longer and resolved to wake her up again at half 7. He wandered over to his drawer to find his school uniform. His school uniform was, a shirt, grey trousers, a navy blazer, a red tie, white socks, and black school shoes. He got dressed in his crumpled uniform and proceeded to go downstairs to the tiny kitchen to make some breakfast for himself and Lilla.

 Taha brought up their breakfast of dry cereal and toast up to the bedroom where Lilla was still asleep.

  "Wake up Lils!" Taha said gently, while shaking her shoulder.

  "Wha..umf." Lilla mumbled when she woke up eventually.

  "Come on Lilla, get up, it's already quarter to eight!" Taha explained.

  "Oh no! " exclaimed Lilla.

  Lilla pulled back the blanket and sheet in a second and was soon at her drawer, looking for her school uniform. Her school uniform was, a shirt, and Grey skirt, red tights, a navy jumper, a red tie, and black school shoes.

  She was dressed in 3 minutes, and after brushing her teeth she grabbed a piece of toast and was soon running to school with Taha.