Chapter 16 - Severe Malnutrition

"Sorry, I'm so so sorry!" Lilla said 30 minutes later when she had recovered and was sitting down after a bath with a mug of hot chocolate and wrapped in blankets on the new bed covers with a cleaned floor and a new mattress for Jessie.

  "It's fine Lilla!" Rose and steven insisted.

  "So long as you don't throw up on my head in the middle of the night!" Said Jessie.

  "I'll try not to!" Lilla assured her.

  "You better not babes!" Jessie said.

  "Um, J-Jessie, do you think, well, do you think i could try to walk again?" Lilla asked nervously.

  Jessie breathed a sigh of relief.

  "What?" Asked Lilla.

  "For a moment there I thought you were gonna say you needed the toilet again!" Said Jessica. "But of coarse you can try to walk again, severe malnutrition is not good for a person though, you'll still be very weak." Jessica explained.

  Lilla suddenly felt sick.

  "Jessie-I'm-gonna-be-sick!" She said in a rush. Jessie just picked her up and got her to the toilet in time.

  After being horribly sick, Lilla shuddered. Jessie wiped off her mouth and brought her back to the bedroom.

  "Now, what brought that on babygirl?" Jessie asked, combing Lilla's hair with her fingers as Lilla lay on the bed, egsasted from throwing up.

  "Severe malnutrition?" Lilla asked in a whisper.

  "Yes babes, you had had nothing to eat that day, bread and butter the day before, and bread and jam the day before that, and the day bafore that you had nothing, thats severe malnutrition in this country Lilla!" Jessica explained.

  "Thank you, Jessica!" Lilla said.

  "For what babes?!" Asked Jessie, surprized.

  "Being so nice to me thats for what, Jessie!" Lilla said.

  "It's no problem, Lilla!" Jessie said.