Chapter 18 - Work

It was 8 O'clock when Jessie spoke up.

  "Lilla, babygirl." Jessie said.

  "Yup?" Lilla repied.

  "You know, I'm gonna have to go back to work tommorrow. From 10 til 7 I'll try not to be any later." Jessie explained.

  "Oh, OK then, where do you work, what's your job?" Lilla inquired.

  "Thats just it, I can't tell you, not yet anyway." Jessie said, looking tearfull.

  "It's OK Jessie, you don't have to tell me." Lilla assured her with a sigh. "But what will I do all day without you?!" She asked, slightly worried.

  "You can shout to my mum - Rose - if you need anything sweetie." Jessie said to her.

  "OK then." Lilla replied, resolving not to drink to much. She would be embarressed if Rose had to take her to the bathroom. She tried to think of things to do on her own all day.

  An hour later and they were both in bed. Jessie fell asleep quickly, but Llla stayed awake for a while, worrying about her brother and Jessie and what was gonna happen next. Lilla eventually got to sleep at 1 O'clock in the morning.

  Jessie woke up at 8 and got ready for work. At 10 she woke Lilla up.

  Lilla realized that Jessie was gonna leave for work and she would be on her own all day. She began to panik. Her breathing became quicker as she thought of spending the day on her own without anything to take her mind off her brother and the rest of her family. Then she thought of Taha and felt the room begin to spin as she thought of the fact that they might never see each other again Her hearing went funny, and she realised she was about to faint.

  "Jessie help!" She said in a in a whisper, paniking.

  "LILLA!" She heard before she blacked out.

  When she woke up she was still in bed with Steven, Jessie, and Rose around her.

  "Babe you fainted again. Did you panik, Lilla, what happened?" Steven asked.

  "I-I just, I dunno, Thought about, stuff, and , and, it all got too much!" Lilla said before she started sobbing.

  "It's OK babygirl." Soothed Jessie, stroking her hair and signalling for Steven and Rose to go away with her other hand. When Steven and Rose had gone back downstairs Jessie asked if Lilla needed anything before she went to work.

  "Aren't you already late?" Lilla asked.

  "Only a little babe, anyway, you're more important!" Jessie said.

  "Sorry for making you late for work, but, but I need the toilet." Lilla said sheepishly.

  "OK babe, bathroom here we come!" Said Jessie, picking her up and carrying her to the bathroom.

  After they got back from the bathroom, Jessie gently kissed Lilla on the forehead and rubbed it with her thumb.

  "See-ya, babygirl." She said. "Don't have too much fun without me!" She added, laughing, before walking down the stairs.