Speed=distance÷time

(Julia's POV)

"Alex, wake up." I chuckled as I swept some hair out of my face. I was straddling Alex as he lay, perfectly, asleep.

It was 2 pm, now, I'm usually not the first to wake up, but in this case, I was.

He looked calm... peaceful.

I gently shoved him, moving his brown locks away from his face as I planted a small kiss on his cheek. For a while, I thought he was dead. When Alex is sleeping, it's like he barely breathes. I can never feel his heartbeat either. Maybe I just have my hand on the wrong side of his chest. It's still scary.

Soon enough, Alex began to stir in his sleep, and his eyes slowly began to adjust to the sunlight, entering the thinness of the tent's material.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," I laughed as Alex let out a small groan, closing his eyes again.

"It's too bright," he whimpered under me.

Chuckling to myself, I lowered my body closer to his, blocking the light at his eyes.

"Is this better, vampire?" I snorted, feeling his arms wrap around my waist, pulling me down closer, till our bodies pressed against each other.

What Alex and I have is special...enemies to lovers type of shit.
I guess I still find some of it weird... almost.
How can one be so kind...caring and loving even after how I treated him?

I feel guilty a lot of the time. I treated him with such little respect, yet he never brings it up. He enjoys the time we spend together. He enjoys the activities we do. He likes holding my hand, giggling when people give concerned looks.

We joke a lot...and I like that. I like his laugh, I like it when he covers his mouth at night, hoping not to wake others up with his laughter. I like how he's so caring and accepting that even the people he doesn't care for... he still has a loving part in his heart for them.

"Why are you staring at me?" Alex nervously laughed as he ruffled up my hair.

"Hey! I just brushed it!" I laughed back as I tried flattening his fluffy hair.
Yet, it just popped back up.

"Come on, it's 2pm, let's go do something," I laughed as I showed him the time. His eyes immediately widened, sitting up abruptly, nearly causing me to fall backwards if it wasn't for his grip on my hips.

"Holy shit! Let's go!" He bellowed. He stood up, wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me up with him. With a chuckle, I kissed his cheek, leaning down to grab my clothes.

It wasn't as warm as it's been this whole trip. Yet, the sun still shone down brightly, giving the illusion its warm. False news.

I decided to go with a pair of my brother's jorts that he used to make from dad's jeans he didn't want anymore. My brothers name is Phill. He was like my best friend growing up. The only one like me that knew what it was like to live with our parents.

We were twins, not identical, obviously. We did, however, have sort of the same style. Most of the clothes we owned were mom or dad's. We'd cut them, sew them, and sometimes even paint them.

When I got a job at 13 working for my uncle, I was able to afford some of my own new clothes. The income wasn't great, but it did me well. I'd always split it with my brother, as no one... not even my uncle would hire him.

They'd call him all sorts of names.
Slow, the r word, stupid...and all that.
Phill didn't know any better either. It hurt me, seeing him get turned away from all these jobs he wanted. His dream was to work for the ice cream shop on our block. Ran by two women, married, with a little boy.