VIII

PART I - 'Love OR Hate?'

J

"Meet me at the gate after school."

Urgh,

Why did I even say such a thing earlier???

I shook my head aggressively while wiping the sweat off my forehead as I stood in front of the school gate, waiting for that idiot's arrival.

The sun was burning effortlessly above me as I cursed at the sky and rolled up my sleeves to feel that cooler sensation around me.

Tcsk,

She's as slow as a tortoise.

Only a jerk like me would wait for someone as idiotic as h-

"Jay!"

FINALLY.

What took you so long?

"Sorry, I'm on my way now."

What were you doing?

"I was talking to Sunghoon,"

Sunghoon...?

Why?

"Just... something about our tutor sessions.

Anyways, I've got lots to tell you!"

Tcsk,

Hurry up and get out of there already!!

"Alright, chillax haha,"

I took a slight glance at my watch, noticing how she took a total of fifteen minutes just to talk to that Sunghoon guy.

No wonder they looked matchy,

Both are idiots afterall.

"Let's go!" Yeri appeared beside me with tiredness hidden among her smile as I noticed those heavy folders above her arms.

"Tcsk,

Give me that," I grabbed those folders away from her as she stood in her position, looking stunned at my actions.

Walking back home together with her by my side was honestly something I have barely done as I must have really gone insane today for actually waiting for her.

"Being a gentleman today? Hmm, I see~" She walked beside me while giving me a smirk as I rolled my eyes in irritation.

"Isn't that what girls like you would like?" I asked as she turned her head and arched her eyebrow.

"Girls like me...? What is this stereotypical comment-"

"Correction. Idiots like you," I replied as her expression changed immediately as she started smacking me hard on the back.

"Honestly, why do you keep judging me like that?" She asked as I let out a chuckle looking at her being annoyed for the first time.

"Charismatic guys like Park Sunghoon, he's your ideal type, isn't he?" I questioned again as I noticed her cheeks that blushed in deep pink upon hearing my words.

"Don't make assumptions of your own, Jay!" She yelled as I watched her increasing her pace and walking past me.

It was till then when I realised how my heart seemed to ache a little inside, as though I was simply disappointed by her reaction towards my words.

Blushing...

Was she?

Tcsk,

What can I expect from her anyways.