XIX

PART II - 'Nobody but YOU'

J

A smirk replaced my smile as soon as I noticed how every single person in the auditorium went pin-drop silent upon listening to my words.

Mind blowing, isn't it?

They were shocked, of course. It was almost impossible to have expected something this bold from me, though I was willing to act wild when it comes to life decisions.

I stood in the middle of the stage, looking through each and everyone's facial expressions as they started to cheer excitedly as soon as they returned to their senses.

There sitting in the middle row was Yeri who had her face covered in bright pink shades as she looked at me dumbfounded, her mouth forming a rectangular shape.

How did you like that, huh?

Her eyes blinked multiple times as she finally came back to consciousness and then buried her face in her hands from all the embarrassment. 

God, she's cute.

"Yo, Park!! Don't just brag, show her all you have!"

A student from class four stood up from his seat and yelled through the midst of the crowd as he motioned his classmates to do the same, each cheering upon me.

"Kim's right! Park, you better not waste this opportunity!!"

"Your man's got guts, Ms. Jeon!!"

Jeon Yeri,

This is my surprise for you.

I plastered a charming smile across my face as the students started hyping up the stage, waiting for me to continue my speech.

"Very well then.

It's really an honour passing all those auditions and semi-finals before I came here today, standing on this stage.

I must've been really, really lucky.

Therefore,

I came here well-prepared with some suggestions of the changes that might occur if I were to win this final election.

As a senior student, I've witnessed how unhygienic the washrooms were kept all these years, without any new maintenance yet. Regarding this situation, I would like to make..."

I recited my speech while keeping on my best smile, holding in the strong nervousness in me as I took a glance at her every once in a while, noticing how she returned my smile gladly too.

It was as though time flew by in split seconds, realising how I managed to finish my speech without missing any points and giving my best attitude, just by looking at her.

Everything about you is giving me all the strength I need.

"In other words,

I hope these suggestions I made would be considered into making a change for a better future of our school, as well as our learning environment.

It would be gladly appreciated if more support is to be provided to me today, coming from the power that all of you are currently holding.

As for the main reason I'm here for the election today..."

I paused for a while, noticing how everybody seemed to have quiet down as they were anticipating more surprises from me.

There she sat, looking directly into my eyes with her smile gradually softening my heart, burning my ears in heat.