XXXIV

Part IV - 'Our Whale Tale'

Note: The inclusion of the sea monster 'Charybdis' in this chapter was written based on the myths of 'Greek mythology'. On the other hand, the theories of 'Charybdis island' were only inspired by the original 'Greek mythology', and were written solely for fictional purposes.

Y

"You're saying that Jay has contacted you...?!?!?!"

I nodded my head instantaneously and chuckled when they both shouted out of surprise at the same time.

"But...how?? I mean, there's literally no way he could have contacted you. His phone couldn't have survived the wavestorm!" Sunghoon asked in astonishment as though he simply could not believe in something so ridiculous.

"Well, it's something special that only the two of us could use to contact each other," I replied in the simplest way, knowing that he would not understand despite me explaining the rule of 'soulmates' to him.

Forget about Sunghoon.

Even Jay was in denial about the existence of soulmate in the beginning.

"Was that why we were researching about 'soulmates' in the library for that one particular week last time? Because THIS is literally what it's all about...?"

Minjeong had caught on quickly like she had always been. I let out a smile and patted her head affectionately as her eyes sparkled when she realised she had gotten it right.

"So... you guys aren't gonna tell me what this whole 'soulmate' thing between Yeri and Jay is all about??" Sunghoon asked suspiciously as he arched his eyebrow.

"You'll figure it all out when you find your own 'soulmate', Park Sunghoon," Minjeong responded in a cold tone as though she was acting as if she didn't care at all.

"My soulmate...? Haven't I already found her?"

I chuckled continuously as soon as I heard Sunghoon's words as the both of us turned to look at Minjeong who was obviously confused as to why we had both immediately proceeded to look at her.

Gosh...

They're so cute.

"Uhh... that wasn't important. Anyways, we have gotta inform the rescue team about Jay's whereabouts, shouldn't we?" Minjeong spoke up to break the awkward feeling she had gotten from Sunghoon earlier.

"M-hmm, he said it was an island that is supposedly very far away from the location of the shipwreck. 'Charybdis island', it was called,"

"

'Charybdis'.

The name of a sea monster that the island was named after.

From the renowned 'Greek mythology',

'Charybdis' was the daughter of the sea god 'Poseidon' and the earth goddess 'Gaia'.

Three times a day, she would pull in and push out water with such force that ships would be sunk.

In other words,

'Charybdis' was a deadly whirlpool.

"

- Greek Mythology

According to Jay's prophecy that he had told me earlier,