XXXIII

Part IV - 'Our Whale Tale'

Note: Chapter XXXIII (33) is a flashback of Jay's memory as he holds a conversation with 'Mr. Mysterious' in the scene from chapter XXX (30). The mention of 'prophecies' in this chapter were all solely written for fictional purposes and are NOT real.

*Prophecies: A prediction of what will happen in the future.

J

"I am indeed the father of Jeon Yeri,"

The man with the warmest smile on his face spoke to me with a rather serious manner for the first time, as my mind went blank after listening to his words.

Is he kidding me...?

"You're not joking, are you?"

I stared at the man with a blank face as he only continued to smile with his warmest expression, putting me in a sense of confusion.

"Now, Jay. This is most definitely a surprise for you, but I insist that you believe in the words I've just said,"

I'm not buying this.

I just can't!!!

"And don't you worry. I would not stand in the way of you seeing my daughter,"

The man gave me an acknowledging smile and then nodded his head to signal me to continue.

"H-How did you know...?"

It was strange that the man knew almost everything there is to know about me, even including my relationship with Yeri.

Dammit.

Now that I think about it,

He knew my name from the start too...!!

"There are many things that you would find interesting on this island, Jay,"

The man had walked closer towards me and then covered the coffee table with a sheet with numerous drawings that I could not seem to understand no matter how many times I looked at them.

"Take a look at this sheet,"

The man then pointed towards a drawing of two figures standing side by side, one looking older and the other much younger.

"Do you find these figures familiar?" He asked.

I slowly took a glance at the figures and widened my eyes as soon as I realised who they were.

"It's... us...??"

The man immediately nodded his head and then smiled brightly and gave me a pat on my back.

"That's right! It's us two, both stuck on the Charybdis Island,"

My mind had become even more puzzled when he mentioned the name of the island as it was exactly the place that had been drawn on the sheet.

"What is this drawing...?"

I stared at him in confusion as he continued to smile, signalling me that I had already known what this was all about.

"The Charybdis Island is an island of prophecies,"

Prophecies...?

People still talk about them these days??

"The island selectively chooses to capture and trap a certain person by acknowledging their established prophecies,"

I looked at the man with a face of puzzlement, my eyes staring blankly at the sheet and my body froze in position, not knowing what to do.