XI

PART II - 'Nobody but YOU'

M

"Have y'all heard about the school's latest dating news?"

"You mean the one between our Head Girl and that popular guy?"

"WHATTT, Yeri and Jay???"

My eyes widened immediately upon hearing Yeri's name coming from those girls gossiping behind the locker room.

Are they serious...?

"Yayaya, they're always together these days,"

"I even saw them chilling together on the rooftop the other day!"

"Have y'all noticed that they even live together?"

"Woah, already?!?!"

"Nonono, I heard that Yeri's mother rented a room to Jay when he first arrived here!"

"So sweet, aren't they?"

"They are definitely dating, I'm 100% sure about it!"

I slowly lowered my head and stared at the floor, letting out a sigh between my breaths as I scanned through the school's gossip webpage, taking a look at those dating rumours between Yeri and that jerk.

Yeri-ah,

Why didn't you tell me about this?

I let out a huge sigh as I peeked through the pictures of them together at the rooftop, noticing how close these two have become.

Urgh,

You had to choose that jerk out of the billion fishes in the sea.

"Ms. Cha, I don't think you should spread such ridiculous assumptions of your own to everyone in the school," Sunghoon heard their conversation from behind and approached those gossiping girls.

Woahhh,

Park Sunghoon to the rescue??

"Ahh, Mr. Park! I'm not making assumptions, it's even posted on the school's gossip webpage! Just take a look at this!" One of the girls showed a picture to Sunghoon as I watched him staring at the photo with his confused eyes.

"Still, they have yet to confirm their relationship to the public. I hope all of you shall respect their privacy," He replied sternly as the girls looked at him in shock.

"Mr. Park, you sound as tho you're against their relationship!" They answered in return as he looked flustered and shook his head.

"Well, I'm not against them. Just don't spread rumours like this again, alright?" He looked at them again, this time with a charming smile plastered on him as he walked away.

"OMGGG, did you see how beautiful his smile was???"

"His features are sooooo ethereal..."

No sh*t.

But I'm done with my simping career.

"What're you doing here, Minjeong?" I lifted my head and noticed how Sunghoon was walking towards me.

Why is he coming here??

"Waiting for Yeri," I replied in short, not wanting to start a conversation with him.

"Hmm, why're you being so dry?" He asked as he stood by my side, still smiling charmingly at me.

Urgh,

I told you not to talk to me in school!

I looked straight up at him just to see him going through his pocket while slowly taking out a set of earpods that looked way too familiar to begin with.