IX

PART I - 'Love OR Hate?'

J

I slowly stole a glance at her, realising how her eyes widened as she started blushing deeply and shaking her head forcefully.

"HAHAHAHAH (sarcastically)

There's no way he said that.

It's a joke,

Just a joke..."

It was her inner voice that made me chuckle as I noticed how she remained in her position, staring at me in confusion as she tried opening her mouth to speak but nothing besides silence came out of her.

"Is that how to make idiots like you shut up?" A smirk smeared across my smile as she immediately lowered her head when realisation finally hit her.

I chuckled and turned my head away, throwing that bit of guiltiness in me far into the ocean, refusing to eventually fall in love.

"Tcsk, you are so mean-"

"Ms. Jeon!"

There, from the afar, stood that familiar figure as he smiled charmingly at Yeri, making the tips of her ear painted in blush pink.

"Sunghoon...? Why're you here?" She asked as he approached us, still holding that appealing smile of his.

"I came to find you," He replied and turned his gaze towards me, locking our eye contact instantaneously.

"And you? Why're you here?" He stared at my eyes, judging my entire presence as the warm aura of his faded in split seconds, turning into blocks of ice.

"Do I need to remind you that this is a public beach?" I said, continuing our staring contest.

"Get lost," I scoffed as his eyes narrowed upon hearing my words as though he was slightly offended.

"Follow me, Ms. Jeon!"

As quickly as he could, he motioned her away from the beach as I watched them walking together.

There was this indescribable feeling in me as though my mind was engulfed by hatred entirely and my blood burning in irritation.

It was till then when I realised what the hatred in me was about and where it originated from.

Park Sunghoon.

I hated seeing him with her.

And that line that made her speechless?

I meant it.

If I hadn't manage to switch it off,

She would've found out...

My true feelings for her.

Y

He led the way in front with me following him from behind as we passed the beach, the slippery pathways towards the main road and landed in front of our school.

He stopped out of nowhere, making me hit his shoulder accidentally as our eyes met in split seconds.

"Ahh... I'm sorry, Mr. Park," I bowed as an apology and received a chuckle from him as the atmosphere immediately turned awkward.

"Uhh... let's go in first haha," I nervously said as I let go of his hand and walked into the school garden.

He followed me from behind, leaving a distance between us and then smiled at me again when he realised I was looking at him.