XXVII

PART III - 'Charybdis Island'

Note: The previous chapter of chapter XXVII (27) is chapter XXV (25). Chapter XXVI (26) can be found as the first chapter of 'Whale Tale', serving as a prologue. Please feel free to re-read chapter XXVI (26) if you would like to have a better idea of Jay's current condition on the island and then continue chapter XXVII (27)!

S

"Minjeong!"

I called out to her as soon as I saw her walking out of the school library with a poker face as her eyes widened immediately upon hearing me call her name loudly in the public.

She then rushed towards me in an instance with a finger in front of her lips, signalling me to shut up before someone hears us and figures out the secret relationship between us.

"Park Sunghoon!"

I let out a chuckle as she shouted in a whisper with her sterned look and dragged me towards the rooftop where it was supposedly out of bounds to students, thus it being empty most of the time.

"What if someone saw us just now huh? We'll be in REAL trouble!"

Pfft.

Look at her being so adorable.

I chuckled joyously again as Minjeong grabbed the door handle to the rooftop and turned it open, revealing the empty space as we walked in immediately.

"Yeri...?"

To our surprise, Jeon Yeri had already occupied the rooftop way before us as she continued to stand at her spot all alone, as though she could not hear us coming inside or when Minjeong had called her name just now.

"Yeri-ah," Minjeong hurried towards Yeri as she only looked at her with a surprised expression, totally unaware of our arrival.

"Minjeong? And... Mr. Park?"

I nodded my head as she smiled and greeted us, although her smile had seemed different than usual, as though she was hiding in pain behind that 'smile' of hers.

"Yeri-ah, is something wrong...? You can tell me,"

I watched in silence as Minjeong grabbed a chair and made Yeri sit down before gently patting her softly on the back.

I thought Jeon Yeri was the third wheeler.

But right now,

It almost seemed like I'm the one who's intruding their time.

Funny.

"Is it about Jay? Are there still no updates about him?" Minjeong asked her patiently as Yeri only shook her head and sighed.

"I have no idea, Minjeong-ah,"

Her body was trembling.

I looked around the rooftop in search of any possible sign of clothing to give to her before stopping on my footsteps as I heard her words after.

"I even doubt the reasons for him saying he was to become a whale rescuer. I mean, there's no way he would just leave in an instance like this!"

I turned around and took a glance at Yeri, her eyes slowly pooling in tears and her ears turning pink together with her face. It was obvious to say that she was not only upset, but deeply in sorrow and rather confused, afterall, she had no idea of Jay's intentions.

"But I know," was what I thought to myself.

I walked towards Yeri with a scarf I had found in the boxes at the rooftop and covered her shoulders with the scarf and then stood right in front of her.