XXXVIII | EPILOGUE

Note: Chapter XXXVIII (38) takes place in Jay and Yeri's later life where things have progressed beautifully as to how they have imagined their future to be.

Y

"Jeon Yeri, over here~!!"

My face brightened instantaneously as soon as I noticed the three familiar figures waving towards me from the beach, while motioning me to come over to them.

A beautiful smile had crept onto my face as I waved back joyously, my feet skipping in a lively rhythm before heading down to the beach.

"What a lovely day it is," I thought to myself.

It was the first week after our high school graduation, where every single student had gathered at the beach to spend the most out of their post-graduation holidays together.

I took a glance at the students at the beach, each had the brightest smile hanging on their faces as they talked throughout the day, played games for as long as they could, and chuckled all day long.

What would life be like when we start college...?

Would we then head straight into separate paths and grow distant to these friends we once called 'family'...?

These sudden melancholic thoughts had created a lump down my throat, as a heavy sensation of sadness had surrounded me.

The thought of growing apart from my friends who had experienced both the joyful and sorrow moments of my life together had made me feel more downhearted than ever.

I don't want to leave them.

I settled down next to the three of them and tried to make out the brightest smile on my face, knowing that time would have skipped by before I knew it, thus embracing the current moment I have with them was most important.

-

"Will you be heading to Seoul for college, Yeri?"

I lifted my head to look at Minjeong who was looking at me with a warm smile as both Sunghoon and Jay had turned to look at me.

So...

Here comes the 'farewell' question.

"Well, I haven't really decided yet... What about you guys?" I asked to dodge the question, refusing to think about the future that would make a change to my current life that I deeply cherished.

"Hmm, my parents have already decided on my college abroad, thus I guess I have no choice but to leave Jeju afterall,"

Sunghoon smiled proudly while we all congratulated him in awe, his nonchalant charming smile had then turned into a chuckle in no time.

He does seem really happy.

"What about you, Minjeong-ah?"

The attention was then switched to Minjeong as she blushed upon the sudden stares and chuckled.

"Well, the truth is that I will be attending a college admission test next week in Seoul," She said excitedly as the rest cheered and wished her the best of luck.

Despite the positive responses from my friends, a saddened thought had reached me once again, realising that everyone else had seemed ready for the future.

Everyone, but me.

"If you need any help at all, Minjeong-ah, you can count on me," Sunghoon gave her a wink as we all chuckled upon Minjeong's face that was painted in bright pink.