III

PART I - 'Love OR Hate?'

J

It has been hours since we last talked back in my room.

There was this bit of guilt and curiosity crawling inside me, it was as though I wanted to know more after listening to her last line.

"He passed away, in a wavestorm while protecting the whales."

What happened back then...?

How did I hear her inner voice?

HOW...?

How could I possibly read another person's mind...?!

It was rather strange for me to experience bizarre occurrences like this.

More specifically, I knew something that I wasn't supposed to know.

And how is telepathy even possible in the first place??

Was this even the first time...?

[Knock] [Knock]

There was a slight knock on my door as I flinched in surprise, realising it was an unfamiliar knock coming from that 'someone' who was stuck in my head for the entire afternoon.

"Come in," I sighed and quickly arranged the books on my desk into a neat pile.

"Jay," Her voice travelled through my ear drums, making the tip of my ear painted in pinkish red.

"Y-Yeah...?"

"Do you... perhaps want to go out with me?" She asked as I immediately dropped my pen on the floor upon hearing her sentence.

Go out with her...?

GO OUT WITH HER?!?!?!

My eyes widened as the pen started rolling further away from me as it stopped directly in front of her.

"Ohh your pen fell!" She immediately bent down and grabbed the pen without realising how I was doing the same too.

Our fingers touched in split seconds as we lifted our heads instantaneously and bumped into each other's head in embarrassment.

Sh*t.

I cleared my throat and picked up the pen in a hurry and rushed back towards my seat.

"W-What did you say... just now?" I mumbled and tried my best to forget what happened to us earlier.

"Ohh, I was just... asking whether you'd like to go outside with me to watch the sunset,"

"Huh... what?"

I stared at her blankly, possibly with my mouth wide open as I stood in my position, trying my best to register whatever she just said.

Wtf.

She meant going out to do something with her!!!

JAY PARK!!!!!!!

WHAT WERE YOU EVEN THINKING?!?!

"I'll just wait by the door then..." She muttered and closed the door, leaving me behind with confusion.

What is this all about...?

-

We walked through the pathways that led towards the ocean where the sunset is a rather fascinating view at this time of the day.

The road was empty, leaving just me and her alone on the paths and that tiny bit of nervousness that crept around us.

"Yeri," I called her by her name for the first time as she glanced back with a warm smile.