XXII

PART III - 'Charybdis Island'

J

"I had a mission,

Yeri."

My fingers relaxed as the pencil I was holding lost its balance and dropped onto the floor, making a loud "THUD" sound that brought me into consciousness.

I took a glance at the diary on my desk, each and every page of it was written in the same lead pencil that I had borrowed from her a while ago, but had obviously 'forgotten' to return it back.

It was the first thing I took from her.

To be fair, I had stolen quite a number of things from Yeri, both the insignificant things and the precious ones, although everything that came from her were all priceless to me.

First, it was her favourite pencil.

Next, I had her angry bird soft toy taken away.

I let out a chuckle as I thought through all the times I had slowly gotten something from her, especially when I had received something every time our relationship deepens.

Then, it was that time.

The time I stole her heart.

[Knock] [Knock]

"Jay, are you in there?"

I flinched upon hearing the sudden knocks on my door and especially her gentle voice that made my heart drummed rapidly.

Dammit,

I was just thinking about her.

"Y-Yeah, do you need something?"

My voice travelled past the door as I remained in my seat, not intending to welcome her into my room in this stead where I had just begun writing my secret diary.

"Well, I'll let you know when I come in,"

W-WAIT,

NOOOOO!!!

"N-NOT NOW!!" I rushed towards the door as soon as I heard the door handle opening, exclaiming upon the surprise visit.

"Jay...?"

Yeri's voice was nervous. It almost seemed like she was very suspicious of my actions and there it made me anxious, afraid that she might have understood everything.

Sh*t.

What if she thinks I'm cheating on her or something?

I can't let her think that!!

"Uhh, well, you can come in now,"

I opened the door just to see her doubtful expression with her eyebrow arched and her lips pursed, in short, she was giving me a judgy look.

I gulped and motioned her to sit down somewhere unreachable from my secret diary and knelt down in front of her, hoping to grab all her attention so that she wouldn't look at anything else and get suspicious once again.

"So... what exactly were you doing in your room that you were so afraid to let me enter, huh?" She folded her arms and demanded an explanation.

Urgh,

I can't let her know about the diary yet!

"I was... changing,"

"Changing? You're still wearing the same clothes since lunch,"