Chapter twelve

The Unholy Transformation
..........................................................................................
Aurulius emerged from his slumber, greeted by an unsettling sight. Alexander, once a vision of elegance, now crouched beneath the staircase, his appearance drastically altered. His previously snowy locks had darkened to a tavern black, and his emerald green pupils had transformed into golden orbs, radiating an otherworldly intensity. His teeth, now razor-sharp fangs, seemed to gleam in the dim light, as if thirsting for their first taste of blood.

Aurulius's mind raced as he approached Alexander, his heart pounding in his chest. The events of the previous night, which he had hoped were just a twisted dream, now proved to be a horrific reality. He had unleashed a monster, and the weight of that realization crushed him.

As he reached out to touch Alexander, the newly minted vampire sprang towards the door with an unnatural speed, his eyes blazing with an insatiable hunger. Aurulius knew that a freshly turned vampire's thirst for blood was unquenchable, and Alexander's first victim would be anyone unfortunate enough to cross his path.

With a sense of urgency, Aurulius gave chase, desperate to prevent a catastrophe. He pursued Alexander through the winding halls, their footsteps echoing off the walls as they raced against time. The air was heavy with anticipation, thick with the promise of bloodshed.

Aurulius thundered down the stairs, his footsteps echoing off the walls, and found Alexander waiting at the bottom, his eyes fixed on the front door. The vampire's body seemed to vibrate with tension, his muscles coiled and ready to strike.

"Alexander, please!" Aurulius implored, his voice shaking with desperation. "Don't do this! Fight it, my love!"

Alexander's gaze never wavered, his attention fixed on the door, his mind consumed by the primal urge to hunt and feed. Aurulius knew he had to act fast, or risk losing Alexander forever.

With a surge of adrenaline, Aurulius lunged forward, grabbing Alexander's arm and spinning him around. The vampire's eyes flashed with anger, his fangs bared in a snarl.

"Let me go, Aurulius!" Alexander growled, his voice low and menacing. "I need to feed!"

Aurulius held firm, his grip unyielding. "Not like this, Alexander. Not as a monster!"

The two lovers locked eyes, their gazes clashing in a battle of wills. Aurulius refused to back down, determined to save Alexander from the darkness that had consumed him. But the vampire's hunger raged on, threatening to destroy everything in its path.

Their repressed love, hidden beneath the surface, now simmered just below the boiling point. The tension between them was palpable, a living, breathing entity that pulsed with a life of its own.

The outcome hung precariously in the balance, as the two lovers struggled in a desperate bid to reclaim Alexander's soul. Would Aurulius succeed in restoring his lover's humanity, or would Alexander succumb to the darkness, forever doomed to roam the night, a creature of unholy thirst? The fate of their eternal lives hung in the balance, as the battle for Alexander's soul raged on.

Aurelius led Alexander through the woods, his eyes fixed on the vampire's fluid movements. Their hunt was a silent dance, Aurulius watching as Alexander drained the essence of six deer with graceful precision. A smile twitched on his lips, but he suppressed it, aware of the tension between them.

"Hey, Alex," Aurulius ventured, his voice barely above a whisper, as he approached Alexander with caution. The vampire's eyes seemed to bore into his very soul, filled with a deep-seated pain and anger.

Alexander's gaze snapped towards him, his eyes blazing with a mix of fury and despair. "What happened in the Labyrinth?" Aurulius asked, his words dripping with a longing to understand the depth of Alexander's pain. He reached out a trembling hand, his heart aching with empathy.

The silence that followed was oppressive, heavy with the weight of unspoken secrets. Then, Alexander's voice exploded like a tempest, his words laced with venom and a deep-seated agony.

"You want to know what happened? You want to know what your precious you and Aiedal did to me?" Alexander's voice cracked with emotion, his eyes welling up with tears. "You destroyed me, Aurelius! You ripped my soul apart and left me a hollow shell! And you... you used me ,why did you save ne when you will do this to me! Just leave me alone and  stay away from me. Seeing you makes me want to just give up on life itself,your like them,i hate you!"

Aurelius's face contorted in anguish, his eyes flooding with tears as he beheld the raw torment in Alexander's eyes. He felt as if his heart was being torn apart, witnessing the depth of Alexander's suffering. "Alexander, please... forgive me..." he whispered, his voice shaking with remorse.

But Alexander's words cut him off like a deadly sword thrust. "Forgive you? Never! You're dead to me, Aurelius! You and Aiedal are both monsters your just like them" The venom in his voice was palpable, his eyes blazing with a fierce determination.

Aurelius felt as if he had been punched in the gut, his breath knocked out of him. He stumbled backward, his eyes never leaving Alexander's face, his heart heavy with sorrow and regret. The forest seemed to echo with the pain and heartache that lingered between them, a haunting reminder of the trust that had been irrevocably shattered.

With that, Alexander vanished, leaving Aurelius to confront the shattered remains of their love and the depth of his own failure. The silence that followed was deafening, a stark reminder of the chasm that now separated them.

Hours passed, and Aurelius remained lost in thought, the forest floor beneath him a blur. Finally, he rose, his mind made up, and began his journey back. But fate had other plans.

"Aurelius, it's been a long time," a familiar voice echoed through the trees, its owner emerging from the shadows. Lucas, a vampire of equal stature, stood before him, his eyes gleaming with an otherworldly intensity.

"The one and only," Lucas replied, his smile a razor-sharp slash across his face. "And I've come to take you back home, to reclaim your rightful place as king."

Aurelius's eyes narrowed, his mind racing with the implications. "What makes you think I'm ready to return,what about Damien?"

Lucas's gaze seemed to bore into his very soul. "You've had your fun, Aurelius,and Damien is dead. Now it's time to take up the mantle of leadership you entrusted to that asshole of a brother. The kingdom needs you, and I've come to ensure your safe passage."

The air was heavy with tension as the two vampires faced off, their words hanging like a challenge between them. The forest seemed to hold its breath, awaiting the outcome of this delicate dance of power and loyalty.