•18•

A/N POV

All of the family members turned to the dining table after a warm meeting up.
Y/n started serving the food while Jaemin helped her do so.

After they were done, Jaemin pulled a seat for her to sit on, and she gladly accepted his offer.

Mrs. Na noticed his gesture and gave him a warm smile.

She has always liked Y/n as a girl since she met her for the first time when they were in high school together.

Y/n has always been an ideal daughter for her. She felt sorry for her when she got to know about her mother.

After that, she sent her flowers on her every birthday as a secret guardian.
And when she got to know that her son likes her, it was enough to make her heart swell. But she also didn't mind the fact that she liked someone else at the time.

She was the one who encouraged Jaemin to go meet her after all those years, not because he liked her, but she was like her own daughter to her, and she wanted to do something for her after that incident.

Therefore, she told Jaemin to go comfort her at least as a friend because at that point in time the only thing a person needs is the love of the people around them.

"Dear, can you pass me that jar?"
she asked Y/n.

"Sure, mom,"
she replied as she did the job.

Mrs. Na looked into her eyes and patted her head slowly, taking a good look at her face.

"I hope you will always be happy like this," she said.

It was the first time in many years that Y/n missed her mother like this; her father was enough for her as he took great care of her, but she didn't know that having a mother by your side could make it feel so different.

Y/n diverted her gaze as her eyes started stinging. Mrs. Na patted her back to comfort her.

Y/n looked at her dad and found him looking at both of them, smiling. He was happy to know that his daughter finally had a complete family, with a mother who takes good care of her.

When all of them were done, Jaemin's dad stood up with a wide smile on his face, gaining all the attention.

"I am really grateful for my son to have a beautiful wife like our Y/n. Now, as my son has grown, I would like him to take over the company I started,"
he said with a wide smile on his face.

Jaemin, on the other hand, felt his chest tighten at the sudden announcement of his father.

This was the last thing he expected on such a perfect day like today. But still, keeping his uneasiness aside, he stood up and bowed to his father and said,

"Thanks, dad, for considering me capable of such a big responsibility."

He wanted to say further but was cut off by his father.

"Well then, I will be glad to announce that you will be going to the USA for your training first. There you can have some time to enjoy, and then my most trusted colleagues will help you figure out things better."

With that, he finished and took his seat once again.

In the silence that followed, nobody said anything, and the tension in the air didn't go unnoticed.

After lunch, Y/n turned to do the dishes. That's when Mrs. Na approached her; she tried to help, but Y/n interrupted.

"It's okay, Mom, you should go take a rest. I will take care of this,"
she said and gave the elderly woman a genuine smile.

"You know, dear, I always wanted a daughter like you, and having you as my daughter-in-law is more than I could wish for,"
she said and patted her head.

"I don't want to burden you, but Jaemin is still a child who wants to be by his parents and needs support from them. However, his father wants him to do things on his own sometimes. That's why he feels a little out of place."

Y/n quietly listened to what mom had to say, and when she was done, Y/n pulled her into a hug and said,
"Thank you, mom. You have done a lot for me. I will always be thankful for those flowers and letters you have sent me all these years."

Mrs. Na broke the hug to look at her in disbelief, "you knew?"

Y/n nodded and continued, "and don't worry, I promised Jaemin to always be by his side no matter what the situation is, and I will do as I said."

Tears, which she had been holding back for so long, finally rolled down her eyes as she said the last part, "I will always be indebted to you and Jaemin for everything you guys have done for me."

Mrs. Na again pulled her into a hug.
"No, dear, you don't have to feel burdened. We just want to see you happy, that's all. And just call me once if Jaemin misbehaves; it will not take me long to beat him."

A laugh escaped her mouth at the mother's weird attempt to make a joke.

But it was more than enough for her as she knew that she had a mother now whom she could go to.

Jaemin cleared his throat, gaining the attention of the mother and daughter having their moment of bonding.

"Well, you are not getting that chance, so keep on dreaming," he said, confronting his mother.

She smacked his shoulder, and he whined.

"I don't have to get a complaint from her to get rid of my urge to smack you, alright?" she said, making both of us laugh.

"Fine, now you go rest. I will help her with the chores."

With that, he pushed his mother out of the kitchen and went to her.

"Well, I am almost done. You can go talk to your dad."

"I am done with that already."

The truth is that he avoided the conversation as much as he could and focused on other stuff.

"Now you should leave it up to me and go meet your dad," he said, and started pulling her out.

"Fine, fine, I can go by myself." With that, she took her leave and went to search for her dad.

She found him sitting on the couch with Jaemin's dad, who got up to his mom when he saw her approaching.

"How is my princess doing?" He asked with his low voice she missed so much even if it was just yesterday that she last saw him.

"I am doing great, dad. What about you? Are you alright?" She asked and took his hand in hers.

"It's okay, I will get used to it," he said with a smile.

That's it, she could no longer hold herself and pulled her father into a long hug.

They were just silent like that, not uttering a single word. After a few moments when she broke the hug, she gave him a smile, which he knew was forced.

How can a father not know his own daughter? "Don't miss me too much and take care of your health. Alright?"
He just nodded like an obedient child and looked at his only daughter, all grown up.

A/n:so here I am after skipping both updates of this week, but I just needed a break😩