•30•

Author's POV 

He was still sitting there with his head buried in his knees while he heard someone invading the house through the open living room window.

Due to the lack of light, he couldn't really make out who it was. 

"I expected you,"
he said with a heavy sigh, making the intruder frown at him and become alert.

Even though he was utterly confused as to why the owner wasn't surprised to have an intruder invade his house at 1 in the morning, he wondered who the owner was expecting at this hour and in this manner. 

Anyway, he went ahead to do what he was supposed to: *kill the owner and get all the money for himself.* 

He approached with his knife shining in the little moonlight that fell on it from the window, but the man was quick to doze off and knocked him out with a single punch.

He pitied the dead man, wondering how someone could be so wrong in choosing their prey; after all, he was one of the prime members of the most feared mafia gang in LA. 
NCT 

He disposed of the body; it wasn't really a big deal.He went in to check on her but found her moving on the bed and finally sitting up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n's POV 

I woke up with my chest rising and falling, taking heavy breaths. I was still a bit dizzy but came to my senses, realizing that I was in an unfamiliar room. 

It was dark, with just a little moonlight coming through the window. The bedsheets were pure silk and completely black. 

I was about to get up, but that's when I felt a figure standing behind the slightly opened door. 

He was dark like a shadow at first, making me almost jump out of fear. But as my eyes adjusted to the low light, I could roughly make out his face. 

To my horror, the face I was looking at was something I never expected in a million years. I shook my head, thinking I had gone insane, and focused on him again. 

This time, he took a step towards me. I was so terrified that I couldn't move a single inch of my body. 

My heart forgot how to beat when he finally came into the light, and there was no way my head was playing games with me at this hour.

My head was hurting like crazy; it felt too real to be true. I felt like passing out again but somehow managed to keep my composure when he came and sat in front of me.

The bed sank slightly due to his weight. I gulped, my eyes never leaving his.

"Jaemin," I called; it must be a dream.

"Jaemin, why aren't you answering?" I asked. My mind must be playing games with me.

"Jaemin, it's you, right?" Now I was starting to feel uneasy. My heart dropped at the thought of why it was so hard for him to answer.

Whoever it was, he looked at me with tears in his eyes, but he was keeping it all in.

"Who are you?" I asked, followed by a long silence between us. We just looked at each other, both puzzled by the turns of fate.

"Y/n," he finally called my name, and it was the same. At this rate, I was convinced that it was a dream.

He came closer and cupped my face with one hand. A tear left his eye; I wondered why.

"It's me." My heart skipped a beat, but I still refused to believe it was real. 

"It's not a dream, Y/N," he said as he leaned in, his eyes on my lips. They snapped to my eyes once before he finally connected our lips. 

I kissed back, and the face coming in front of me made a tear leave my eye. 
It was my love, "Jaemin." 

I mumbled in between the kiss, making him part. I looked at him to see the face of my husband, but he looked down and created some distance between us. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Renjun's POV 

I went in to check on her but saw that she was already awake. I couldn't bring myself to go to her, but something in me wanted to hold her once again. 

If only I could go back in time. But I am the one who messed everything up. 
I took a deep breath before going to her and sitting on the bed, the same as her. 

I gulped; she was looking so beautiful even in the dark. How bright my life was when she was in it! It's been nighttime since that horrible last night of us.

She came like a moon in my darkness.Even if it's just two years, it feels like an eternity has passed since I last gazed into those eyes.

But she had a different glow in her eyes now. When she called his name, probably thinking of this as a dream, my eyes started tearing up.

I was fighting to keep them from falling. I felt like kissing her; I cupped her face and wished for her to see me.

"Y/N," I slowly whispered her name. It was then I realized how long it had been since I last called her.

My eyes gazed at her lips, and that's when I lost my control. I must be insane, but right now, I just want her to be mine. I want to be selfish again. I want her to fill my life with the light of hers once again.

"Jaemin," she mumbled his name in between the kiss, making me part and causing my nonexistent heart to break.

I thought I had lost the one I had until she appeared, just for a while, but still.

Before I could say anything further, someone started banging on the door, making both of us alert.

"Wait, I will see who is at the door,"
she said and ran out.

I followed her as well. Before she could open it, the door flew open with a loud bang, revealing the one she was actually waiting for: Jaemin.

A/n: hi guys I hope you are enjoying the story☺
I have an announcement to make that I am having exams this month, so I won't be very consistent but will try my best to post. 😇
Also don't worry I will complete the story.