•29•

Jaemin's POV 

I saw a grocery store on our way and thought of getting some strawberry milkshake for her; that's her favorite. 
I parked the car at the side, making her look at me curiously. 

"I am just going to grab something, okay? Stay inside the car." 

She just nodded while I unbuckled myself and got out of the car. 
It wasn't really hard to find it, and I quickly paid for it before making my way back.

But the pack in my hand fell out as I saw a man in all black starting the car and taking off at full speed. 

There was a crosswalk for me to run through, but they were already gone. 
I didn't waste another second tracking the car from my phone and called Chenle for help. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n's POV 

I was really sleepy after all the rides today, so I just rested my head on the door when Jaemin went to grab what he wanted.

I saw someone unlocking a car; I thought it was Jae, but my senses became alert when I noticed that the man was wearing all black, unlike Jaemin.

I quickly called for help as the man broke in, but he was quick enough to grab his handkerchief and press it against my nose, making me dizzy and causing me to finally black out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**Author's POV** 

He wore his clothes and adjusted the new batch he received just yesterday for his brave work. He looked at himself in the mirror and felt so angry with himself for everything he had done in this new job of his so far.

Anyway, he put that feeling aside, as usual, and went on to their base. He entered and was greeted by the new member who had joined last week. He had a big grin on his face, which made the senior member a little uncomfortable. 

"Sir, today I kidnapped a really nice piece." 

He grabbed the man's collar as soon as those words left his mouth. 

"Don't ever use language like that again," he ordered through gritted teeth.

But the younger one still smiled through the pain and continued.

"What difference does it make? You are also a part of this." 

He let him go, making him choke on his own saliva. But unfortunately, what he said was true. He still played a role in this, and that too a bigger one. 

He went on to look at the girl who was going through being 'gifted' to their ultimate boss. 

Her face was not visible due to the lack of light in the room. She was tied up in chains, with her mouth closed with tape. 
He pulled her face in front of the little moonlight coming from the window.

Once he saw her face, his hands started shaking, with chills running down his spine. 

He got up, not believing his eyes, looking at her for who knows how long, thinking that it might somehow change, but luck wasn't really in his favor today. 

It was indeed the girl he never in the world wanted to see in this condition. 

"Untie her; I will take her for today." 

He closed his eyes shut and his fists tight. 
The younger one went ahead to do as he was told, but he gave the man an evil smirk.

He picked her up gently in a bridal style, taking her to his apartment.

The fact that a single tear didn't leave his eye made him realize how heartless he had become.

He laid her carefully on his bed and sat beside her, observing how much she had changed since he last saw her.

He went out of the room and locked the door behind him. He sat with his knees near his chest, and finally, the tears he had been holding for so long started wetting his cheeks.

"I am sorry, Y/n."

But he knew that he didn't have any right to ask for her forgiveness after all that he had done to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jaemin's POV: 

I called Chenle to pick me up, and if I am not wrong, I know whose doing this is. I am not going to spare anyone if I find a single bruise on her body. He was there in 5 minutes and had already called the cops for help.

"Who do you think it is?"

the officer in the car asked me.

"They must be NCT."

His expression became serious after hearing their name. But no matter how powerful they are, I won't leave them.

I told him to track my car, and we made our way there. It was abandoned in a forest with no signs of damage.

The office took it for forensic checking to find some clues. While I was thinking of something else, Chenle asked me,
"Are you alright?"
as he patted my back. I shook my head, obviously saying no.

But just then, something hit me. I called my former assistant, who had provided me with all the information we collected about them when I first met him.

"Hi, Emily, can you please send me the case info I asked you to investigate last December?"

"Oh, Jaemin, what is it? Are you okay?"

"I will tell you everything when it's over, okay? Please just send me the details quickly."

"Alright, here you go."

She sent me the file, and we started to dig in, even though he was smart enough to erase everything.

One thing he missed was the biggest lead for me to get her.

"Just wait a little longer, my love; I will get you no matter what."