•25•

Jaemin's POV

Although both of us were happy about the solution I came up with, but somehow he went silent for a bit with his eyes softened.
And finally, he spoke.

"See, son, I really appreciate your efforts to keep us together. But..."

"But what, dad? We can be together like this."

Her voice was low as she held onto his father's hand. He just gave her a sweet smile before holding her hand again with his free hand.

"Look, I am an old man now, and I have spent enough years here that moving to a foreign country at my age won't be that easy."

He continued after a break.

"About your contract, I will assign the best workers in my company for it, but I am sorry that I won't be able to move with you."

He said as his head hung low, while his daughter still looked at him. I put my hand on her shoulder, making her look at me, and mouthed the words 'don't worry'.

"It's okay, Dad, but what about your safety as we move there? Mom and Dad are also going to have some business trips here and there. See, all I am saying is that you will have your family's company there."

He seemed quite convinced with this one, and I patted myself on the back in my mind. Y/n smiled at me, and I could see that she was about to cry before if I hadn't come up with the idea.

After a few minutes of silence, he finally broke the ice.

"Alright then, you guys won,"
he said with a wide smile on his face, looking at her.

"Yeyyyyyyy," she screamed and pulled both of us into a group hug.

Time skip

"Anyway, how in the world did you come up with such a convincing script, Mr. Na Jaemin?"

she asked me with a bright smile in the car as we were on our way back home.

"Well, you need experience for that,"
I replied. She furrowed her brows, now completely facing me while I was still focused on the road.

"What kind of experience?"

"Maybe marrying a best friend who always puts people and her family before herself."

I replied and made eye contact with her. But quickly focused on the road again.

"Yeah, you don't have to give me the credits."

She smiled and slightly slapped my shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n's POV

Soon, we arrived home. He opened the car door for me, and we went inside the house. I quickly made my way to the washroom as I had to pee.

While he made himself comfortable on the couch, I came out and washed my hands while calling out his name.

"Jaemin!"

He just hummed in response, stuck to his phone. I went and slipped his phone out of his grip.

"Hey, give it back."

"Why? What is in there that's making you this nervous?"

Okay, wrong wire pulled.

"Well, if you are curious, then you can take a look yourself."

He kept on taking a step further with each word, making me take one behind.
He kept coming in until my back finally hit the wall.

His eyes were staring straight into mine as he rested his hands on the wall behind me, locking me in between.

"No, I want to hear it from you. What's in there?"

I said as I lifted the phone in my hand, not leaving his stare for a single second.
He gave me a little smirk before finally connecting our lips; they felt so soft on mine.

Which made my grip on his phone became loose, which he slipped out of my hand.
Our little movement was disrupted when the doorbell rang.

He rolled his eyes and groaned under his breath, a chuckle escaping my mouth as I looked at his disappointed face. He took his steps behind me to allow me to go ahead and open the door.

I opened it, and it was Chenle.

"Hi Y/n. How are you?"

"I am great. Come in."

With that, I pushed the door open and called Jaemin, who probably went to freshen up.

"How have you been?" I asked him.

"Me too, great. But it's just your husband giving some hard time at work,"
he said, taking his seat on the couch beside me.

"Why? What did he do again?"

"Just keep on slacking off at work."
I chuckled.

"Anyway, are you ready to move to the USA?"

He just nodded with a smile.

"I am grateful that because of you guys, I will be able to explore a new country."

With that, Jaemin came down the stairs.
"What is it?"

He asked in an annoyed tone, earning a sigh from me.

Chenle looked back at me and then at him, clearly confused in this situation.

"Anyway, I came here for you to read and sign these papers," he said as he handed him a file.

"Alright, but what are you going to do as my assistant?" His voice was stiff.

"Well, it took me 5 hours to condense this file for you to just read and sign, which won't even take more than an hour."

Chenle kept his tone stable, not wanting to snap at the moody guy right in front of him.

"Anyways, Chenle, would you like to eat something?" I jumped in to lighten up the atmosphere.

"Thanks for asking, but I already have plans with my college friends."

"Oh, is it a reunion?" I asked excitedly.

"Well, kind of. Alright then, I will take my leave."

"Enjoy." I walked him to the door.

Jaemin made his way to the study as I yelled, "I will get some warm milk for you."

He just showed a thumbs up in the air.
After I gave him the milk, I sat on the couch not sure of what to do.

Just then, my eyes fell on his phone on the table. I took it and opened it. It was locked, so I tried to come up with the code. I typed my birthday date, and it opened.

"Huh, too easy," I thought to myself.